Author Topic: No audio  (Read 4095 times)

jgoggi

No audio
« on: August 20, 2022, 10:04:25 am »
Hi, in the GSX settings I correctly chose the audio source (loudspeakers), but when I restart the sim and check, I find that "no audio" is selected and there are no other options available. I use the Fenix A320 and FS2crew, could there be any conflicts?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 10:20:53 am by jgoggi »
James Goggi

Pilotpete1

Re: No audio
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 11:28:53 am »
Same problem, I cannot get this to start, and it says The airport has no services etc..... only GSX button pops up on toolbar, but when you click it nothing happens except for that.

Phil7789

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 11:52:46 am »
Same here, audio does play but on the wrong device, when trying to reselect "no audio is shown. A workaround is to restart couatl after which the audio devices show up again.
Sounds like a bug to me.

jgoggi

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 07:51:06 am »
Exactly. As soon as I load the flight (in my case Fenix A320) I get "no audio" and, if I restart COAUTL, I get it back with the correct source.
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 11:13:18 am »
When you change anything in the GSX audio settings, you must restart Couatl, I think it's supposed to do it automatically or at least suggest to do it.

jgoggi

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 12:03:45 pm »
Umberto, I don't change anything. It happens randomly thet, when I start the flight, I get "no audio". I reset couatl and the audio source comes back. In a next flight (after quitting FS), at times the source remains and at times I get again "no audio", randomly (I check right after the flight has been loaded).
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2022, 12:06:22 pm »
Is that an audio device that can connect/reconnect, like an USB headphone ?

jgoggi

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2022, 12:12:15 pm »
No, just the loudspeakers of my desktop computer ("Generic software on Altoparlanti (Realtek(R) Audio)").
James Goggi

miki3320

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2022, 02:01:11 pm »
Happens to me as well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2022, 02:04:05 pm »

jgoggi

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2022, 02:18:25 pm »
First trial it works, but, since it looks like randomly switching to "no audio", I will report after doing some further tests.
Thanks Umberto.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 02:22:36 pm by jgoggi »
James Goggi

jgoggi

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2022, 10:44:07 pm »
Umberto, the trick doesn't work, I often get "no audio" again as soon as I load the flight (and no other sources are present in the GSX Audio menu) and I need to restart Coautl. Am I the only one?
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2022, 10:57:41 pm »
I often get "no audio" again as soon as I load the flight (and no other sources are present in the GSX Audio menu) and I need to restart Coautl. Am I the only one?

With audio and drivers, you can never be the only one, but surely I can't reproduce this problem.

From your description, your audio device seems to reset/change in some way dynamically, and if it does require a restart of Couatl, and that works for you, there's not much we can do, even if we tried to detect audio drivers changes on the fly, we still would have to restart Couatl automatically in any case.

Phil7789

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2022, 02:43:10 pm »
Could you tell us what audio source is used for the "commanding voice" like "boarding started" etc?

I have several audio sources as a streaming setup and while the normal sounds like the hydraulics or the passengers chatting are send to the correct audio source I selected, the voice is always send to my default output device.
Is this handled by the setting inside GSX settings? I've tried those settings and the default windows audio settings and both are selected to the audio source I use.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2022, 02:47:53 pm »
Is this handled by the setting inside GSX settings? I've tried those settings and the default windows audio settings and both are selected to the audio source I use.

Yes, every sound GSX makes is using that device.