Author Topic: Key bindings not working  (Read 3000 times)

smoothchat

Re: Key bindings not working
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2022, 03:32:22 am »
GSX is an excellent program, but I'm just wondering,

why is it that AmbitiousPilots Pushback can allow mouse manipulation to easily define the pushback, whereas GSX requires using awkward keys?

Perhaps GSX can take a similar approach in future versions.

In anycase, GSX is an excellent product and I congratulate you on your achievement.

Speedbird_Craig

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2022, 08:43:03 am »
My Function key issues are now fixed. was an issue with the keyboard directly. Not GSX

7heAngryVe7eran

• TruNorth Air
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2022, 10:20:33 am »
I had some issues with the controls as well. In the past, I always used EZDOK to move my camera into position to see how I needed to edit the aircraft and parking positions in GSX. I haven't been happy with the camera in MSFS, but it's mainly because it's not what I consider user friendly. EZDOK was easy for me, but it may have been difficult for others. The MSFS camera may be easy to some people, but it's been difficult for me. I suppose we all interpret things differently. Anyway, the way I figured it out was to assign the mouse Drone Camera commands (TOGGLE DRONE LOCK MODE - MOUSE 5, INCREASE DRONE ZOOM - MOUSE WHEEL UP, DRONE YAW AXIS LOCKABLE - AXIS X, DRONE PICK AXIS LOCKABLE AXIS Y, DECREASE DRONE ZOOM - MOUSE WHEEL DOWN) and the keyboard Drone Camera commands (TRANSLATE DRONE UP - PAGE UP, TRANSLATE DRONE RIGHT LOCKABLE - RIGHT, TRANSLATE DRONE LEFT LOCKABLE - LEFT, TRANSLATE DRONE FORWARD LOCKABLE - UP, TRANSLATE DRONE DOWN - PAGE DOWN, TRANSLATE DRONE BACKWARD LOCKABLE - DOWN) and to be able to lock/unlock camera controls assign mouse External Camera (TOGGLE CAMERA LOCK - MID-CLICK). Now, when I am editing aircraft or parking in GSX 3d editor, I go to the SHOWCASE (DRONE) camera, mid-click on the screen to unlock camera, use the arrow keys, page up/down, and mouse to position the camera, mid-click to lock, and use the GSX commands to make adjustments. I press ENTER to return to the Customize Aircraft menu, click the screen to reposition the camera as mentioned before, then ALT-TAB back to the GSX Customize Aircraft menu to edit again. Another thing to note is to assign a command to the TOGGLE DRONE LOCK MODE (I used MOUSE 5). My drone was locked to a target by default, so even with the above commands I couldn't achieve the desired result (similar to how I panned around with EZDOK). One thing I would like to request an option for GSX to not accept input when the TOGGLE CAMERA LOCK command is unlocked. That way, we could move the Drone Camera with arrow keys without the indicator accepting same input and moving with it. It would also solve the issue of having to press ENTER to go back to the Customize Airport/Aircraft menu to reposition the camera. Either that or an option to bind our own key commands for GSX?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 10:43:14 am by TruNorthSim »