Author Topic: GSX Pro - Top or Flop?  (Read 6946 times)

flySWISS

GSX Pro - Top or Flop?
« on: August 20, 2022, 06:03:40 am »
To be honest, I was just about to buy it.,,  And then I watched THIS:

MSFS2020 Premium Deluxe (Steam) - CPU Ryzen 9/ 5950X - 128 GB DDR4-3600 HyperX Predator RGB - ASUS X570-E Gaming -- ROG Strix RTX 4090 24GB OC -- (2x) 2TB Samsung SSD 980 Pro M.2 NVME - ALIENWARE 34" QD OLED (3440 x 1440, 175 HZ) - Seasonic Prime TX 1000W 80+ Titanium PSU - Tower Fractal Define S2

Aviator74

Re: GSX Pro - Top or Flop?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 06:12:29 am »
In all due respect NGX driver was given a free copy, way he moaned and picked about little things like baggage animations, came across like an entitled little brat..I understand there is issues upon release.I had them myself..I must admit once I updated to latest 2022 in the live update..It has been ok..yes there is some bugs, sure FSDT will iron them out..

Relayer2112

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 08:01:35 am »
In all due respect NGX driver was given a free copy, way he moaned and picked about little things like baggage animations, came across like an entitled little brat..I understand there is issues upon release.I had them myself..I must admit once I updated to latest 2022 in the live update..It has been ok..yes there is some bugs, sure FSDT will iron them out..

So, to be clear, because he received a free copy he shouldn't provide his honest, unbiased opinion?

Speedbird_Craig

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 08:36:49 am »
Top!... Some rough edges, but top.

Fiorentoni

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 10:47:47 am »
It's far better than anything we have. It's rough because of MSFS and integration issues, but having all those real life logos and real pax and real ground handlers... it's top.

However for those with CTDs obviously not, hope that gets sorted out quickly.

GSX will be the go-to-addon for MSFS like it was in P3D, but it will take some time for everything to work perfectly. I know for a fact that MSFS is REALLY putting up hurdles for about anything you want to do in this regard.

mopperle

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 11:55:59 am »
His review is blunt but honest.
And FSDT is simply not telling the thruth on thier website when saying "...GSX already works automatically on any airports, default or 3rd party...".
They have to mention that there are problems with products bought via the marketplace. It is a no-go this only to mention in the manual when you aready have bought th product. No chance to gt this mandatory information upfront.
While I still like a lot the P3D version. The MSFS version is a No-Go I definitely will not buy.
Regards,
Otto

Fiorentoni

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 11:59:41 am »
His review is subjective and very much influenced by his CTDs. Rightly so, but still not applicable to everyone else. He says himself he might even recommend it without the CTDs.

Deltaflight84

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2022, 12:04:05 pm »
i know that the Company is limited in various aspects by the SDK of MSFS2020, but i suppose that when i bought a software the bugs and test have been checked multiples times, for me the frustrating thing is that I buy a software that does not have the complete configurations of the planes available in the market, maybe I can waste time customizing the airports as it should be in some cases it depends on personal choices, but this for me it is inconceivable that I find so many bugs and it must necessarily depend on an update because they have configuration tools that maybe one does not have to make the software more stable.

Justinthomas7

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2022, 01:17:34 pm »
That video was incredibly unfair. Never heard of him before, but I won’t be watching any of his videos. 

Who gets a pre release version and complains about minor bugs?  Is this his first day on the job?

Fiorentoni

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2022, 01:28:38 pm »
That video was incredibly unfair. Never heard of him before, but I won’t be watching any of his videos. 

Who gets a pre release version and complains about minor bugs?  Is this his first day on the job?

He is a very good content creator for 737 stuff and he removed it because of the CTDs he has every flight with GSX, not because of minor bugs. You should finish watching the video, he even said he would recommend GSX if it wasn't for the CTDs.

Wimma

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2022, 02:31:09 pm »

I think not being able to complete a single flight because of CTDs, caused by GSX, is not a "minor" bug. Furthermore, he is not the only one and it has been confirmed by a great amount of users that GSX causes CTDs...

DMullert

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2022, 02:41:35 pm »
I uninstalled it.  Haven't been able to get it to work since release, and too much hassle.  No time for non-sense.
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

fahdriyami

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2022, 05:00:49 pm »
Word of advice: Never take Day 1 reviews seriously.

The best reviews are from people who have used the product for 1 week+ AT LEAST. Not people who uninstalled it on day 2 before even giving the dev a chance to fix early issues.

Phil7789

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2022, 06:03:40 pm »
What imho is unfair here are the guys ranting against Emanuel. I assume those of you haven't watched both the videos in full length (or any other videos from him).

First there was a review where he talked in general about GSX. Yes he also talked about the minor bugs, but said himself that this is nitpicking as it really isn't that bad. Overall the review was quite positive.

The video above is the second video. Yes he picks again in an ironic way against those bugs. But this wasn't the reason why he uninstalled GSX. The reason is that he couldn't finish a flight because of the constant crashes.

While I myself can wait for those minor bugs to be ironed out (and I'm sure most of the rest of us can as well) those are major flaws from the view of immersion. They are technical minor, but e.g. pax walking on a jetway while full compatibility with airports has been advertised? It might be a bit harsh, but those minor bugs are so obvious that I wouldn't expect them in a final release version (e.g. the constantly closing menu).

I like GSX and it is one of the addons I hoped most for, but currently it's just unusable because of the crashes. I hope the bugs get ironed out soon, although I could live with them for now and the communication with the devs improves as to be more open to bug reports.

Regarding the free review copy: Why shouldn't somebody address problems with a software (minor or not) just because it was a free copy? That would be totally biased if only the good attributes would be pointed out.

Navigator40

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2022, 06:20:30 pm »
He’s only referring to the CTD issue which I don’t blame him there. I guess he’s being as honest as he can and maybe that’s a good thing.
Angus Rowlands i7 9700k, GTX 1080ti