Author Topic: Passengers arrive in crew Bus  (Read 3084 times)

Brittanix

Passengers arrive in crew Bus
« on: August 19, 2022, 10:43:47 pm »
Passengers more times than not arrive in the crew bus.
First Bus was a normal one, then a shit load of crew buses followed with a handfull of passengers each.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passengers arrive in crew Bus
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 10:51:18 pm »
This is usually happen when you or something else like an automation or a plane system changes the payload after GSX started boarding, and already estimated the number of passengers. For best result, I suggest using SimBrief, so the passenger number will be fixed, and you can play as much as you want to PayLoad without affecting it.

Brittanix

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 10:57:10 pm »
Do I need to do anything to trigger loading from Simbrief? I have my Simbrief details in the settings, so I gather it took those details automatically.
Will try again tomorrow, as I was just playing around to try it out.

Fiorentoni

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 11:12:13 pm »
Yes, it's written in the manual. IIRC the departure airport and the aircraft type need to be the same between the game and simbrief (like "KJFK" and "A20N"), also the departure time in simbrief must be AFTER the time you start your flight (e.g. departure time 10:00 UTC, you have to load the flight with a time of day before that, like 09:45 or 09:30).
If it was for me GSX could just do away with those restrictions and just load the pax number from the newest simbrief flight, whatever it is.

virtualstuff

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 11:49:45 pm »
If it was for me GSX could just do away with those restrictions and just load the pax number from the newest simbrief flight, whatever it is.
Yes I agree here  8)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 12:06:50 am »

The time restriction is because we could integrate it with the VGDS, showing a proper countdown.

The airplane type restriction is very important precisely for the number of passengers. If we just loaded the last dispatch without checking the plane type, what if the last dispatch was for a 747 with 400 people, but in the sim you are in a 737 ?

Brittanix

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 08:26:02 pm »
Still having the issue that from the second bus onwards only crew buses arrive.
Simbrief and everything else is setup correctly. Simbrief status in menu is also green and OK.

stefan

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2022, 05:22:45 pm »
Same here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2022, 05:30:49 pm »
It's not possible to understand if your issue is an issue to begin with, without any proper report. Please provide ALL the following information:

- If you are using SimBrief to set the passenger number ( SimBrief button showing OK ) or you use the estimate based on PayLoad.

- If you used SimBrief, how many passengers you have in the Flight plan.

- If you used the estimate based on Payload, how was the Payload at ALL TIMES. Has it changed while GSX was boarding ?

Brittanix

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2022, 02:59:10 pm »
It's not possible to understand if your issue is an issue to begin with, without any proper report. Please provide ALL the following information:

- If you are using SimBrief to set the passenger number ( SimBrief button showing OK ) or you use the estimate based on PayLoad.

- If you used SimBrief, how many passengers you have in the Flight plan.

- If you used the estimate based on Payload, how was the Payload at ALL TIMES. Has it changed while GSX was boarding ?

1) I am using Simbrief for passengers, I have estimate unticked. SimBrief Button was Green and OK.
2) I had 162 pax, which was being displayed correctly by GSX.
3) Don't use estimate

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2022, 06:30:48 pm »
Yep, after all the updates, this issue still occurs to me too. Only fly with the Fenix and no matter which airport, with or without Simbrief, if there are only 50 POB or 160, they arrive at least 8 out of 10 times in a crew bus (even with crew boarding disabled).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2022, 06:43:33 pm »
Yep, after all the updates, this issue still occurs to me too. Only fly with the Fenix and no matter which airport, with or without Simbrief, if there are only 50 POB or 160, they arrive at least 8 out of 10 times in a crew bus (even with crew boarding disabled).

Please clarify what if with "if there are only 50 POB or 160" you mean an indication in the Fenix itself, or a number reported by GSX.

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2022, 07:29:07 pm »

Please clarify what if with "if there are only 50 POB or 160" you mean an indication in the Fenix itself, or a number reported by GSX.

Both, as I use Simbrief, they are the same in the Fenix and GSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2022, 11:25:38 am »

Alright, so we should exclude the issue of the airplane payload changed while GSX was boarding.

Now, could you please clarify again what do you really mean with "if there are only 50 POB or 160" ? You mean the problem happens only if the number is exactly 50 or 160 ?

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2022, 05:32:49 pm »

Now, could you please clarify again what do you really mean with "if there are only 50 POB or 160" ? You mean the problem happens only if the number is exactly 50 or 160 ?

No, it means this occurs at any PAX number, low or high (for an A320) doesn't matter.