Author Topic: Installation GSX MSFs2020  (Read 10167 times)

koosvans

Installation GSX MSFs2020
« on: September 16, 2022, 02:59:27 pm »
Hi,
installing GSX PRO takes ages and ages and in the end there is no install. I already downloaded a file from you for an off line installer. I did that but that doesn't fo the job either (run: Couatl2 exe). Am I doing something wrong?
Hopefully someone van help me?
Koos
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 03:14:55 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installation GSX MSFs2020
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 03:16:36 pm »
The Offline installer can't replace the installer, it's only a collection of the latest updates issued after the first release but, in order to use the program, you must complete the first full installation.

Please clarify what do you mean with "takes ages" and " in the end there is no install", have you seen any errors during the installation ? Which ones, exactly ?

koosvans

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 03:58:57 pm »
Hi,
after 1 hour this is the situation (see image)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 11:22:36 am »

See here how it supposed to work:

Total time, 5 minutes including downloading all  the updates.  This is with a fast connection, 1Gb/s cable, but of course it shows the installation and the server DO work fast, if the connection is fast.

The usual suggestions:

- Disable the firewall

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- Try with a VPN, this might bypass issues from your ISP, this one is supposedly very good and has a free mode:

https://protonvpn.com/
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 11:25:27 am by virtuali »

Copper

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 11:39:41 am »
Hi,
I have this happen with the "FSDT Live Update" tool as well. With the "FSDT Installer", I could update properly. Maybe that helps you since it is quite obviously not your ISP at fault, it happened to many of us.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 11:55:18 am »
I have this happen with the "FSDT Live Update" tool as well. With the "FSDT Installer", I could update properly. Maybe that helps you since it is quite obviously not your ISP at fault, it happened to many of us.

Fact you see two icons, doesn't mean you are looking at two programs.

They exactly the *same* program, it's called couatl_updater2.exe ( the couatl_updater.exe JUST downloads the latest couatl_updater2.exe in case your version is outdated ), and it's running exactly the *same* code, just with an interface that changes its size and the number of items/buttons displayed, depending how the program is called from the shortcut link.

Basically, it's only the /INSTALLMODE switch that changes how the same program *looks* like, but the code is 100% the same.

Copper

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2022, 12:02:03 pm »
As I said for me they behave differently. What can I say... I just wanted to offer the other user a suggestion what to try.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 12:06:16 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2022, 12:11:23 pm »
As I said for me they behave differently. What can I say... I just wanted to offer the other user a suggestion what to try.

If this happened to you, wasn't because the "two" ( there's only one ) programs are different, but because something else, which might be things like:

- the antivirus working in an heuristic mode and doing different things depending on "behavioral patterns" in the program, and for some reason assumed the program with the reduced interface was more "dangerous" of the one with the complete interface, maybe because it starts download things automatically while the other doesn't.

- the local download cache being active in one session and not in another one. we clears is at each start in the current version but, maybe, this might resulted in a difference in speed in a previous version, just because they programs were run at different times.

But the program is one and the same, that's for sure.

koosvans

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2022, 02:03:04 pm »
Hi, finally managed to install programm. Thanks for all your help!!