Author Topic: choppy vehicle / person movement & FSDT live update question.  (Read 1339 times)

NachoCrisp

choppy vehicle / person movement & FSDT live update question.
« on: August 19, 2022, 05:39:02 pm »
Hello,

I just installed GSX on MSFS yesterday. 
1) Whenever I open the FSDT updater, the option to "update" GSX is always available.   It doesn't seem like the updater recognizes that the update was installed and keeps offering the option to update....
2) I loaded up MSFS using the Fenix A320 and ENSB airport - the vehicles and people are moving in a very choppy manner.  Move a bit - stop - move a bit - stop etc...  The movement of people and vehicles all stops at the same time every 1 1/2 seconds or so.  I'm getting 48FPS (according to Nvidia) at the airport so it wouldn't appear top be a performance issue.  I have 32GB ram, an RTX3080TI with an AMD R9 5900 processor.

Any ideas on the stuttering movement?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: choppy vehicle / person movement & FSDT live update question.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 05:42:02 pm »
1) Whenever I open the FSDT updater, the option to "update" GSX is always available.   It doesn't seem like the updater recognizes that the update was installed and keeps offering the option to update....

Not a problem, that's how it works:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26559.msg174014.html#msg174014

the vehicles and people are moving in a very choppy manner.  Move a bit - stop - move a bit - stop etc...  The movement of people and vehicles all stops at the same time every 1 1/2 seconds or so.  I'm getting 48FPS (according to Nvidia) at the airport so it wouldn't appear top be a performance issue.  I have 32GB ram, an RTX3080TI with an AMD R9 5900 processor.

have you possibly set the passenger density to a very high value ? That, while loading bags, will put quite a bit of strain on Simconnect.

NachoCrisp

Re: choppy vehicle / person movement & FSDT live update question.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 08:32:40 pm »
Hi,

Passenger density is at default setting.   

I think I found a possible explanation for the choppiness - At ENSB, the ground was covered in snow and the vehicles / people had stuttered movement.  When I loaded up at another airport (payware ENTC) - the vehicles and people were moving normally (ground was dry)....   Who knows.

As an aside, when I edited the passenger pathway in the jetway from the terminal to the aircraft, the number with the height of each waypoint remains visible when the simulator is running.

I'll keep testing it out.