Author Topic: This gate has a default jetway  (Read 4621 times)

pijnackerpilot

This gate has a default jetway
« on: August 19, 2022, 06:47:37 pm »
I am experiencing an issue on KMCI default airport. The default aircraft placement is rather off set so the original msfs jetways don't respond to the default request to dock the jetway. Now I have gsx installed, hoping that it would sort out these issues. I launched the sim with the PMDG 737 on gate 26 and I used the customize parking position option to rearrange the aircraft and ground service vehicles so that it matches up with the gate. I can see that the default jetway has been replaced with a gsx .bgl jetway because it looks different and there is a logo on it.

When I use the GSX menu to operate the jetway nothing happens. I get the mesage that this gate has a default jetway. No, it doesn't. When I then deboard the aircraft, the pax are walking through an imaginary jetway instead of the real one.

Why can't I operate the jetway?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: This gate has a default jetway
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 06:52:03 pm »
I get the mesage that this gate has a default jetway. No, it doesn't.

Yes, it does. Default here means "using the default MSFS system", that's what the GSX Jetways in MSFS are. Opposite to SODE, which are not controlled by the sim.

When I then deboard the aircraft, the pax are walking through an imaginary jetway instead of the real one. Why can't I operate the jetway?

Likely because of the Stop position, which is independent from the parking center and it knows about the airplane doors. Page 39 of the manual has a chapter dedicated to it.

pijnackerpilot

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 06:57:10 pm »
The point is that the jetway is not moving at all. It is in the idle position and yet, passengers are walking through the air.

How can I have the jetway to operate? Or won't it operate because the default would not operate?

In KRSW I see that the jetway is located halfway through the cockpit, when I dock that jetway it docks to door 1R instead of 1L. Yes I know MSFS default behavior.

Is there no way to customize the location of the jetways? I want to upload an image but the forum won't let me.

pijnackerpilot

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 06:59:08 pm »
These oddly placed jetways can't customized in position?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 06:59:41 pm »
The point is that the jetway is not moving at all. It is in the idle position and yet, passengers are walking through the air.

That's precisely my point. It doesn't move, because it cannot solve from your position, so you should change the Stop position to make it easier for the jetway to reach the door, since you can't move the jetway.

pijnackerpilot

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 07:22:45 pm »
Call me stupid but I don't get it.

When I load the aircraft up in gate 26 it looks like pic 1. Obviously, the bridge won't operate

Using GSX I changed the position of the aircraft to be on the yellow line. I find it hard to believe that the aircraft is positioned in such a way that the jetbridge would not be able to operate. The stop position is more or less on the same position as the location of the nosewheel.

To be sure, I moved the aircraft more backwards: still no luck, the jetway does not operate.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 07:24:45 pm by pijnackerpilot »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 07:26:39 pm »
To be sure, I moved the aircraft more backwards: still no luck, the jetway does not operate.

Note there's a separate problem, which is a known MSFS bug which happen with the default jetways as well: LOD gets out of sync of the animation so, the jetway appear to be in the retracted position, but it's in fact showing the wrong animation. We reported this long ago.

pijnackerpilot

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 07:30:27 pm »
I don't really know what that means but I read it like there is not much to do about it?!?!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2022, 08:03:57 pm »
I don't really know what that means but I read it like there is not much to do about it?!?!

Not really, is something for Asobo to fix properly, there has been many discussions about on the MSFS dev support forum, dating a year and more ago.