Author Topic: CTDs  (Read 17579 times)

Bentree

Re: CTDs
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2022, 07:20:38 pm »
Very well said, it's still incredible everyone has the same mistake but it comes not from them but from us. FSDT just admit that the problem is yours and send us an update. I was the first to be super happy with the release of gsx but with CTDs it's impossible to continue

In the FS Community Umberto is known as "the guy who always blames others (even blaming his customers) in stead of critically looking after his own processes....first reaction is always "it wasn't me ! (e.g. FSDT...")

The product is badly tested....makes me furious!

DarrianCZE

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2022, 07:23:33 pm »
Very well said, it's still incredible everyone has the same mistake but it comes not from them but from us. FSDT just admit that the problem is yours and send us an update. I was the first to be super happy with the release of gsx but with CTDs it's impossible to continue

In the FS Community Umberto is known as "the guy who always blames others (even blaming his customers) in stead of critically looking after his own processes....first reaction is always "it wasn't me ! (e.g. FSDT...")

The product is badly tested....makes me furious!

Amen, brother...

Kamesh

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2022, 07:35:07 pm »
Hi ! I got the same problem about the CTD

Both MSFS and Couatl crashed :

-- MSFS CRASH --

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22000.832, time stamp: 0x3907dfbc
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000000000010c9a9
Faulting process ID: 0x1ce8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8b4acb38ddda2
Faulting application path: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: 019e6f61-2ffc-4ae7-a57e-311aea8efa55
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

-- COUATL CRASH --

Faulting application name: Couatl64_MSFS.exe, version: 4.8.0.4801, time stamp: 0x62ff6870
Faulting module name: Couatl64_MSFS.exe, version: 4.8.0.4801, time stamp: 0x62ff6870
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000019adf8
Faulting process ID: 0x38b4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8b4b7052f1af4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_MSFS.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_MSFS.exe
Report ID: f568474b-c3b7-4381-9e09-5eaa660bfc08
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The DxDiag is attached to the reply.

Tuskin38

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2022, 08:33:46 pm »
I've seen increasing reports of people getting the 'ntdll.dll' error with crash without even having GSX installed some people with fs2crew, so it may be an issue with the sim not specifically GSX.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 08:35:41 pm by Tuskin38 »

mopperle

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2022, 08:37:48 pm »
TBH, GSX MSFS even ruins an existing GSX for P3D installation. The whole thing is becoming a disaster.
Regards,
Otto

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2022, 09:04:53 pm »
Yeah probably because you have not tested it enough and released it 2 days after giving out press copies...

"Probably" not. We had TWO beta cycles:

- One started 10 days ago, with daily updates, which involved about 30 people, some for the forum, others being well known developers.

- After a week, we sent what was the daily beta to Reviewers, another 30-35 of them.

Nobody ever reported a CTD during this time. But of course, when it goes out in the wild, in the thousands of different combinations of hardware, settings and installed add-ons, you can be sure there WILL be unexpected problems.

But rest assured this is our topmost priority right now, because we obviously hate CTD as much as anybody else. We are trying to reproduce it, which is going to take some time, because we need to test MS Store SU9, MS Store SU10 Beta (last one came today), Steam SU9 and Steam SU10 Beta, and of course we should probably install lots of 3rd party add-ons as well, to put it under stress.

If we fail to reproduce any CTD, there might be another option: if some of you have a constant, easy to reproduce CTD, we can explain how to create a complete memory dump we can SEND TO ASOBO for inspection, and they can tell us exactly what is happening, and why.

karty3200

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2022, 09:16:41 pm »
It doesn't come from gsx a lot of people had CTDs today and yesterday and they don't have gsx look on the microsoft flight simulator forum

Dadriel

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2022, 09:36:45 pm »
I now also had three unexplained CTDs with faulting module being the ntdll.dll since installing GSX Pro into the MSFS. Weird thing is that they seem to be happen totally at random, one happened at the Gate while loading the 737-700, the next happened also with 737 but this time in cruise somewhere above eastern France. And now the last crash happened while flying with the Carenado M20R over SoCal without even touching GSX during the flight.

I mean usually I wouldn't think this pointing to GSX as the culprit, but nothing else changed on my sim during the last few days and I never had any issues with CTDs before this.

Weird thing is that acutally the SU9/SU10 things seems to actually involved, since of my friends none with SU10 have any issues with CTDs while we few still on SU9 all have these issues.

Speedbird7AD

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2022, 09:39:59 pm »
I'm sorry to have to add to this thread but it's happening for me too flying the Fenix.  Twice on descent at exactly FL100 (signficant?) and the third time at FL330 30 minutes after departure.  Just to test on the third flight I had no other software running (such as FS2Crew) but I still caught the CTD.  I don't think it's either 3rd party airports or a dodgy Fenix livery as I've used all of these trouble free pre-GSX Pro.

I have used GSX in P3D for many years and I really appreciate how powerful it is.  It does so much and most of it totally customisable.  I'm not surprised that there are some bugs.  Even the powerful Microsoft and ASOBO produce software with bugs.  The GSX Pro Manual is the best and most comprehensive manual for flight simulation software that I've ever seen.

Of course, I want this fixed as much as the next guy, but criticising Umberto and his team won't help at all.  The software has only been on general release for 2 days so with feedback from more knowledgeable people than me I am confident that these problems will be identified and overcome.

Meanwhile I have unlinked GSX and I will patiently carry on flying until a fix is discovered.

EasternT32

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2022, 09:47:08 pm »
It doesn't come from gsx a lot of people had CTDs today and yesterday and they don't have gsx look on the microsoft flight simulator forum

Karty3200, you need to be realistic, you do not know GSX isn't the cause. However we do not know if it is the cause.

I am the first to defend developers when they come under unneeded criticism. I must say I am not trying to attack Umberto or FSDT here, I love GSX in FSX & P3D and I will in MSFS as it is a crucial part of my entire simming experience.

There are many reports here on this forum, the Microsoft Flight Sim forums and other forums, YouTube videos and other place where CTDs have occurred coincidentally as GSX has been introduced to systems. Every report is the same; users including myself have reported a very stable sim with little to no CTDs and then as soon as we've installed GSX we are unable to complete flights without having a CTD. Then we uninstall GSX and are then able to complete the same flight but without a CTD.

It is looking very likely that GSX (maybe not directly) is causing a issue with the sim, causing CTDs. You say others are reporting CTDs without GSX, however there are many types of CTD errors, so it is very rash to say they are all connected. Also the fact that people are able to complete flights after uninstalling GSX does show that again it is likely to be at this point a error around GSX.

I do thank and commend Umberto and the team for making these CTD investigations a priority, and hopefully soon we can definitively say wether it is GSX or not and those of us that can't complete a flight with GSX involved can soon fly with it installed.

Artox67

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2022, 09:47:29 pm »

Yesterday and today a massive amount of people had CTD regarding server issues with the MSFS servers.
I've done now 4 flights with the PMDG 737 and no crash.
Sometimes GSX needs two clicks to respond and of course not everything is as it should, but this is in my opinion expected for a first day software.

Cheers
Artox

Brittanix

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2022, 10:09:29 pm »
Regarding CTD, it may just be a really bad coincidence. There have been reports of MS server issues causing problems.
Releasing GSX right at that time might just be bad luck. I had CTD yesterday. And I very rarely have CTD. So it would have been easy to blame my freshly installed GSX.
People having been blaming GSX, others FS2Crew update , then the reports of MS server issues. Then there are reports of many CTD from people who don't even have GSX installed.

Today no problems so far. Did two flights earlier (1x 2h and 1x 4.5h). Currently in my third flight and passed the 4h mark.
Still lots of bugs to iron out though, which Im sure are being worked on.

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2022, 10:45:35 pm »
First of all, I would like to thank fsdt for the continuation of the excellent add-ons for MSFS, which is GSX Pro. After buying and installing it, I found a few bugs, which will be corrected with an update over time, such as passengers on a building, carts in the air before moving and so on.. but  then came the main one, the CTD, mostly when the camera was moving on the ground, more often in the air. If they react to an error that can be found in the event management in Win, then yes, the same one popped up. And now we consider... In error  there is nothing that reports an error on GSX, but on ntdll.dll, or MSFS as an application, see the text of the error or even on FSUIPC7.dll like me. And now a pearl of knowledge. I tried using Google Maps instead of the MSFS base map via the application  Map Enhancement 5.1 or later and after completely uninstalling GSX I got the SAME ERROR on my next flight!!  He also removed this application and no error popped up on the next flight?  So let's summarize: Since the GSX always froze when moving the camera to complex terrain, i.e. immediately loading data into memory, when downloading large Google Maps data, it's similar to the memory, so I can think of only one thing. The problem is not necessarily in the  GSX, but in MSFS, which CTDs when the memory is full or something with it. I'm using SU10 Beta. Now I'm thinking of trying to install it again without Google Maps and into a clean GSX and we'll see... if there's still a CTD, it's clear that it's  a problem on the MSFS side, because the memory overflows even if you clear it beforehand, it keeps filling up, whether it's activities and everything related to GSX, or possibly uploading the Google Maps terrain, it's a huge flow of data. Nobody's perfect, maybe I'm wrong, but it's  good reasoning that it is easy to immediately condemn GSX, rather than to find out the possibilities of other causes?

Errors found in GSX Pro:

1. For third-party airports, which is the vast majority, in the configuration where you have a list of Gates and stand areas, the path to the DEFAULT airport, which in AFCAD has completely different stands, is incorrectly set in the configuration where you have a list of Gates and stand areas. In FSX, I remember that the path  it had to be correct on the AFCAD of a specific third-party airport and here is a question mark, which files from the addon are AFCAD file types, especially if you have an addon purchased through the Marketplace directly from MSFS. In the Official folder?  I see this as a fundamental problem, why ini.cfg can't work. You have it in the Virtuali folder and yet after starting it in MSFS GSX it doesn't offer anything because you are outside?

2. CTD error see introduction..

3. Passengers do not go in the building to the Gate but above the building, before they get to the beginning of the gate from the building, it is a bug to be fixed as well as the carts when launched into the air and the staff with them, please fix. 

4. When switching on GSX from the panel, there is sometimes a long delay before the function table starts up.  Also a question about the upcoming update.  I believe that everything can be solved, it just takes time.  First, the fundamental problem and that is CTD.
 To bring back a lot of users who were looking forward to it like me. We are in the same boat, this is an important addition that will take MSFS a long way!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 09:05:51 am by syphax »

Acxiss

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2022, 10:52:48 pm »
Hello, has anyone tried a roll back on Nvidia 516.59. there are many voices saying that the new 516.94 causes many problems in MSFS even without GSX

Brittanix

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2022, 11:14:17 pm »
Hello, has anyone tried a roll back on Nvidia 516.59. there are many voices saying that the new 516.94 causes many problems in MSFS even without GSX

Ive stuck with 512.95. Updating beyond has caused CTD's for me.