Author Topic: In one zone 3 parking lots  (Read 730 times)

freeice

In one zone 3 parking lots
« on: September 11, 2022, 12:14:13 am »
Good afternoon!

I'm trying to set up parking lots. In one zone 3 parking lots 2 medium 1 heavy. The scheme is something like this, 109 is heavy, 109A is medium (To the left of 109) and 109B is medium (To the right of 109). When I save the configuration, I only get the result of the last saved parking lot. In the configuration (*.ini) I get an entry with different coordinates, but with the same name. How can I correctly reproduce the scenario I have given?

m_j_lyons

Re: In one zone 3 parking lots
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 12:54:25 am »
Are you editing those parking spots with an AFCAD editor (like ADE)?  Or are you just using GSX Pro to update the parking spots? 

Most likely you are on the right path but you'll find MSFS doesn't play nicely with closely packed parking locations - the airport development forums have a lot of background on this but you need to leave adequate space for adjacent parking locations to function.  Here's a link to a different forum if you're interested in learning more (https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/the-parking-stand-radii-they-are-not-what-they-seem.451632/).  And I'm not sure if just updating the parking locations in GSX Pro is adequate to actually updating the airport...I think you still have to have a matching AFCAD backbone for GSX Pro to function...but I could be wrong on that and would love for someone to clarify whether GSX Pro's airport .ini files function the same way as AFCAD BGLs. 

In your example spot 108 would be a heavy gate while 108a and 108b would likely be medium but the set wingspan is the more important limiter there.  In this case MSFS doesn't mirror reality as you could have 108a and 108b very close to each other whereas MSFS would not allow jets to be in both spots (unless you set the radius/wingspan limit to both A/B to be pretty small).