Author Topic: Double jetways and wrong marshaller position  (Read 5281 times)

disco79stu

Double jetways and wrong marshaller position
« on: August 19, 2022, 07:25:22 am »
Hi,
just tried GSX on SimWings' EDDM and right away I got those double jetways and totally wrong parking positions/marshallers.

How can I get rid of either the GSX's or the add-on's jetways?
Wrong parking positions maybe due to a wrong AFCAD read by GSX? Not sure how this works in MSFS.

Any hints/advices?
Thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/oEicIoX.png
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 08:22:34 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Double jetways and wrong marshaller position
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 07:29:43 am »
When you use a 3rd party airport, you should use the GSX Config options in the FSDT Installer, and use the "Detect 3rd party" button to exclude all 3rd party airports from jetway replacement, which is really only designed to replace jetways at default airports (hence the different positions ).

This is quite different than what we used to have in P3D + SODE + GSX L2, you can't just replace jetways for 3rd party airports with GSX and choose their model or position. Here, we have a set of about 900 .BGL file which contains only jetways, but are supposed to be used for default airports, because that's the data used in those files. So the exclude 3rd party jetway button, is there to prevent double jetways and wrong parking positions.

disco79stu

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 07:52:33 am »
Thanks for your quick reply!

I actually tried this and hit "Click to Enable Jetway replacements in all airports", hit "Apply", and it did do something, but in the sim there are still the default jetways visible..
Sorry if I'm not understanding how this works....

Okay, nevermind, I think I got it now. GSX won't be able to remove the jetways from 3rd party add-ons, correct? So I'll have to exclude them to not have GSX jetways. I can't replace those, right?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 08:22:28 am by disco79stu »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 08:36:03 am »
So I'll have to exclude them to not have GSX jetways. I can't replace those, right?

Exactly, it works a bit the opposite of the GSX L2 Control Panel for P3D: here, disabling doesn't mean "disable the 3rd party airport jetway" but, instead, disable the GSX replacement files to PREVENT the 3rd party jetways to be replaced.

disco79stu

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 08:43:04 am »
Got you, thanks!

adlouah

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 08:46:38 am »
So I'll have to exclude them to not have GSX jetways. I can't replace those, right?

Exactly, it works a bit the opposite of the GSX L2 Control Panel for P3D: here, disabling doesn't mean "disable the 3rd party airport jetway" but, instead, disable the GSX replacement files to PREVENT the 3rd party jetways to be replaced.

Thank you, does this also mean that one has to exclude jetways for the relevant 3rd party airports prior to every start of MSFS? This is especially relevent (and "annoying") for those users that use AddonLinkers to manage their 3rd party airports, i.e. only loading the needed airports into the sim which are required for the flight as opposed to have all of them in the community folder.

Best
adlouah

disco79stu

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 08:55:01 am »

Thank you, does this also mean that one has to exclude jetways for the relevant 3rd party airports prior to every start of MSFS?

No, you just do it once through the installer config and from there on it is set, GSX won't place jetways on those 3rd-party-airports anymore.

JEP795

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 05:15:17 pm »
I added an exclusion for LVFR KMIA, but GSX is still overriding the jetways. Anything I might be missing?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2022, 05:19:24 pm »
I added an exclusion for LVFR KMIA, but GSX is still overriding the jetways. Anything I might be missing?

Are you sure you applied the changes ? Also, it can't be done with the sim active.

jolivab

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2022, 05:28:45 pm »
Hi Umberto.
The Apply Button is not available for me. We only need to press the "Exclude 3rdparty" Button and that's it?

I've done that but I still have the GSX Replacement active in SCEL from Latin VFR.

Rgds,

JEP795

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2022, 05:29:10 pm »
I did apply, and referencing this post, I’m still seeing the bgl files for excluded airports in the folder. Not sure why.

If you added that airport to the Disabled list in the GSX Config, it's surely excluded. You can double check this, by looking at this folder:

)\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways

Check if it contains the LOWW airport bgl. If it doesn't, you can be sure MSFS is not using it. However, changes will be active on the next restart.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2022, 05:32:48 pm »
The Apply Button is not available for me. We only need to press the "Exclude 3rdparty" Button and that's it?

Yes, sorry, the Exclude 3rd party will apply automatically. The Apply is only used when you search for a single ICAO or move individual files then Apply.

I've done that but I still have the GSX Replacement active in SCEL from Latin VFR.

Check if you still have the file here:

\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways\SCEL_jetways.bgl

It's not supposed to be there after Applying, and should be moved in the backup folder:

\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways_backup\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways\

JEP795

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2022, 05:38:31 pm »
I think it worked now. I deleted my content XML and Scenery Index folders. Restarted my computer and now it’s not longer in there and I’m not seeing the issue after restarting sim

jolivab

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2022, 05:43:44 pm »
Check if you still have the file here:

\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways\SCEL_jetways.bgl

It's not supposed to be there after Applying, and should be moved in the backup folder:

\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways_backup\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways\

Thanks, I've removed it manually and the replacement was fixed.

geoffda

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2022, 06:40:59 pm »
I think there may be a setup bug where updating puts the excluded .BGL file back regardless of whether it exists in the backup folder. I had excluded the .bgl last night for my Final Approach Simulations KEWR and things were working, but after I updated this morning, the problem was back. Setup was showing that the exclusion was still active, but I when searched my %Program Files (x86)%\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways KEWR_Jetways.bgl had been reinstalled. I had to manually delete it.