Author Topic: Could not find valid AFCAD  (Read 22398 times)

Crashdive

Re: Could not find valid AFCAD
« Reply #165 on: September 07, 2022, 03:42:45 pm »
It seems your permission problem has been fixed now but, please, don't post screenshot, always post the log, which includes all information we need, inducing the message.
Here's the log:

CaptainKman

« Reply #166 on: September 07, 2022, 10:45:37 pm »
I am having the same problem as Crashdive and JoeBlack, I tried using the method JoeBlack used to fix his problem, but it didn't work for me.

Here is my log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #167 on: September 07, 2022, 11:12:36 pm »
I am having the same problem as Crashdive and JoeBlack, I tried using the method JoeBlack used to fix his problem, but it didn't work for me.

Your log shows you still have the "no parkings available at this airport 6", which is normal you have, since your log also shows you haven't updated, either from the Live Update or the latest Offline installer.

CaptainKman

« Reply #168 on: September 08, 2022, 12:18:18 am »
i didnt turn off the antivirus correctly and I tried it now and its downloading more than it did before, I have hope that it will work now.

santiagomontoya77

« Reply #169 on: September 08, 2022, 04:38:44 am »
Hey Umberto,

Have been trying to open GSX menu during the last 2 days in MPTO(payware) but it keeps giving me the AFCAD error. Have done everything I could. It only happens at this airport. I used the offline installer. The sim did not crash. I ALT+F4rd out of frustration.

Santiago

Crashdive

« Reply #170 on: September 08, 2022, 01:49:56 pm »
It seems your permission problem has been fixed now but, please, don't post screenshot, always post the log, which includes all information we need, inducing the message.
Here's the log:

Any insights?

ZOCO

« Reply #171 on: September 08, 2022, 07:28:54 pm »
Im having the same problem even with the new Update, here is my log.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 12:13:44 pm by ZOCO »

Crashdive

« Reply #172 on: September 08, 2022, 08:45:48 pm »
I was the same problem.....I solved in this way...:
1. unistall all from gsx installer
2. unistall the FSDT universal installer from control panel of windows
3. delete manually the folder addon manager and the virtuali folder in the programdata! close and restart the pc
3. close the antivirus
4. install FSDT universal installer and run the installer of gsx pro.

I think thet the problem is during the installation loss some files....need  try  few times and be lucky!
you have slow internet line? could be a cause of data loss .... try at night ...
Regards
Giosue
I can't believe it: That did it, mate! Thanx so much!  :o :P

ZOCO

« Reply #173 on: September 09, 2022, 11:44:33 am »
@Crashdive Did you activate it the antivirus after the instalation of the gsx pro?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #174 on: September 09, 2022, 11:54:06 am »
Have been trying to open GSX menu during the last 2 days in MPTO(payware) but it keeps giving me the AFCAD error.

Should I assume you mean it works in other airports ?  Is that a Marketplace-bought airport ?

If you check the log after the 1st startup after running the updater ( which forces the airport cache to be regenerated ), it might contain indications why that airport hasn't been loaded.

Crashdive

« Reply #175 on: September 09, 2022, 04:28:11 pm »
@Crashdive Did you activate it the antivirus after the instalation of the gsx pro?

Not quite sure what you mean, but I'm using AVG Antivirus and created an exemption/exclusion for the whole Addon Manager folder.
I think (Umberto actually pointed this out) the mistake I made was I had the AV program completely disabled. Once I re-enabled it I then
followed your steps by un-installing and re-installing the GSX program and THEN creating the exemption/exclusion in AVG.
Fired up MSFS and BINGO! It worked.

One thing to notice (at least in my case): the couatl engine resided in the OS's System Tray but for some strange reason did NOT show
as an entry in the TaskManager. At least not straight away - only after activating the GSX menu from the toolbar within the sim did it show
up in the TaskManager. (Is that supposed to be like that? - I don't know. All I can say is it worked).
In other words: couatl started with the Sim (as defined within the exe.xml).

Maybe this will be helpful to other users facing the same or similar problems I had.

Regards, C  ;)

santiagomontoya77

« Reply #176 on: September 09, 2022, 05:26:55 pm »
Should I assume you mean it works in other airports ?  Is that a Marketplace-bought airport ?

Yes. I said it. It only happens at this airport. And yes, it is a payware airport bougjt at the marketplace. However, other airports bought frlom the marketplace, even from the same developer, work fine.

If you check the log after the 1st startup after running the updater ( which forces the airport cache to be regenerated ), it might contain indications why that airport hasn't been loaded.

Would you please elaborate a little?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 05:52:29 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #177 on: September 10, 2022, 05:54:46 pm »
Would you please elaborate a little?

After you run the FSDT Live Update, the airport cache is cleared, so a new one will be generated at the first startup.

This is where all airports are searched so, if there's a problem with that airport, the log will indicated that but, it's important you don't restart the program, otherwise the next log will overwrite the one made on the first startup during the cache regeneration, so the one that might have potentially indicated the issue would be lost.

ZOCO

« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2022, 08:52:50 am »
Im having the same problem even with the new Update, here is my log.
Umberto is there any solution to this? I have spent two weeks more than 20 hours trying gsx to work by reinstalling, following all the instructions in this topic but nothing, it says that can't find valid AFCAD, thanks.

Zoco

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2022, 03:14:49 pm »
following all the instructions in this topic but nothing, it says that can't find valid AFCAD

If your error is still this one you posted in your log ( and if it's not, please post an updated log with your current situation ).

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Users\\ZOCOPETA\\AppData\\Local\\Packages\\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\\LocalCache\\Packages/MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-pro/html_ui/InGamePanels/FSDT_GSX_Panel/tooltip'

You have been mislead about the "Not valid AFCAD" message, which is a consequence of this,  but not the real cause, since this error is not caused by the airport cache or a BGL, it seems you either:

- Haven't installed GSX

- The links to GSX in the Community folders are not there anymore or are not valid

- Your Community is not really there.