Author Topic: Could not find valid AFCAD  (Read 29793 times)

thegustypilot

Re: Could not find valid AFCAD
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2022, 11:54:47 am »
I have tried to find a solution to this problem with the solutions proposed in this forum. Nothing worked, I need help. Attached the log.
Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2022, 11:59:24 am »
You posted the .ERR file, not the .LOG file, which you should have if you followed the previous instructions correctly.

core1450

« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2022, 12:01:16 pm »
Now

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2022, 12:10:16 pm »
Now

I suspect the problem might be your user name containing non-ascii characters. This is something we need to check, because it's supposed to work, but I can't say right now when it will be fixed on our side.

There might be a workaround, by creating a Symlink from an different folder, like C:\MSFS or something similar, TO the actual Community folder, and edit your UserCfg.opt file last line to point to this new folder. This to save you from moving everything out but, if you are not comfortable with this, I suggest waiting for an update.

core1450

« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2022, 12:14:18 pm »
That's exactly what I was thinking. Users from Germany in particular will often have to struggle with this problem.
I ask you to fix this problem quickly, the product is absolutely useless and I should really ask for my money back.

thegustypilot

« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2022, 12:50:40 pm »
I can't get the log. I create a new blank file with notepad, I write: logFile=couatl.log, I save it in %APPDATA%\Virtuali with the name couatl_MSFS.ini. I restart MFS and Couatl and when I close everything again, the file is blank with the line I wrote at the beginning

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2022, 01:50:17 pm »
I can't get the log. I create a new blank file with notepad, I write: logFile=couatl.log, I save it in %APPDATA%\Virtuali with the name couatl_MSFS.ini. I restart MFS and Couatl and when I close everything again, the file is blank with the line I wrote at the beginning

You must have done something different. The thread here has a sample .INI file that is surely correct.

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

thegustypilot

« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2022, 02:19:48 pm »
Of course I was doing something wrong, the file extension was still .txt and not .ini
It's fixed now, attached the log.

Thank you!

Crashdive

« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2022, 05:56:17 pm »
Hi,
I'm also having the error "could not find valid AFCAD..." No matter what Airport, Gate, Stand - same thing.
This is beyond frustrating. I've tried everything mentioned here to no avail.

Attached is couatl.log zipped.
Please help/advice

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2022, 06:00:25 pm »
I'm also having the error "could not find valid AFCAD..." No matter what Airport, Gate, Stand - same thing. This is beyond frustrating. I've tried everything mentioned here to no avail.

Your error is caused by a permission problem in the airport cache folder:

Error while creating airport cache: can't write to "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali/Couatl/msfs\meta.txt"

This shouldn't normally happening, because of course we set the proper permissions in the installer and we reset them correctly again each time your run the FSDT Updater, so it might be caused by:

- Your antivirus is blocking access to it. Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the Exclusion.

- The file might be blocked from a crash happened in a previous session. Restart windows, remove this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali

And run the FSDT Update again, so the correct permissions are reset.

Crashdive

« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2022, 06:36:41 pm »
Thanks for your quick reply, but it didn't work.

Did exactly what you said, eg,

- I completely disabled my AV, not just creating exemption
- restarted Windows
- deleted the "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali" folder
- Run the Live update again
- started MSFS @ default EDDF
- started couatl64_MSFS.exe

Problem persists. I don't know what else to do.
BTW, meta.txt looks exactly the same as before.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 06:39:26 pm by Crashdive »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2022, 06:39:01 pm »
Try starting it As Administrator.

Crashdive

« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2022, 06:49:52 pm »
Nope, same thing.

However, I don't know if it's related, but when I run the updater, i get a ton of messages like these:

"Removing file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways\ZSPD_jetways.bgl after uncompressing it, because it's Disabled"

Not quite sure what this means

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2022, 07:07:39 pm »
"Removing file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways\ZSPD_jetways.bgl after uncompressing it, because it's Disabled"

It's normal, you Disabled those airports in the Config panel, so it won't install them again.

Crashdive

« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2022, 07:15:19 pm »
Either way, re-enabling them in the Config Panel does nothing.

At this point I have no other choice but to un-install the product, because sure enough it isn't working as intended.
It could be something very simple, I could be missing something, but I don't have time and money to waste.

I'm glad it works for others, but it seem's I'm not the only one having a hard time with this.

I'll give it a few month's and see if you guys or the community comes up with a fix, but until then - no GSX for me.