Author Topic: Could not find valid AFCAD  (Read 22546 times)

Benjwri

Re: Could not find valid AFCAD
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2022, 01:38:54 pm »
I am having this same issue. Could it be because my community folder is on a different drive, and not the standard MSFS location? I have tried the total reinstall of the Installer as well, suggested at the start of this thread, to no success.

emmcap

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2022, 02:24:31 pm »
I am having the same issue. I tried the exclusions, uninstalling and fresh install with no luck

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2022, 02:28:50 pm »
I have the Community in a separate drive, another copy of MSFS for Steam, with another Community in another folder as well, and GSX work fine in both, so that can't be.

emmcap

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2022, 02:41:29 pm »
how I can get a coatl log report?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2022, 02:42:58 pm »
- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl_MSFS.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Restart Couatl from the Tray Bar or start it from its icon on the Desktop

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

emmcap

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2022, 02:44:15 pm »
actually I can see the jetway with the airline logo but still having the Re: ERR:Could not find valid AFCAD Data at this position, services are not available

Benjwri

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2022, 02:56:00 pm »
Run the Live Update later on, it's likely haven't got all new files, because cloudflare servers are still replicating. As an alternative, try a full reinstall:

- Uninstall everything using the FSDT Installer

- Uninstall the FSDT Installer itself from the Control Panel

- Go into your Addon manager folder (the one you chose for the installation) and remove the whole folder

- Run the installer again.
Even after following this, when redownloading GSX it seems to be unzipping a file from my computer, rather than downloading it as it did initally. I assume because I agreed to the options to keep this on my computer when installing. Perhaps something in this archive is the issue, so where is it located so I can delete it and try downloading again properly?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2022, 02:56:33 pm »
Perhaps something in this archive is the issue, so where is it located so I can delete it and try downloading again properly?

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\PackageCache

Benjwri

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2022, 02:59:10 pm »
%APPDATA%\Virtuali\PackageCache
Thanks will try now and report back

scottwiser

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2022, 03:51:22 pm »
I'm running into the same problem. I've tried fully uninstalling every FSDT program, the installer itself, the FSDT Addon Manager directory, deleting the old PackageCache, rebooting, reinstalling everything from scratch using the Universal Updater, running the live install to the default suggested FSDT directory, adding the Addon Manager to antivirus exclusions, live updating again, etc. Still running into the same roadblock of GSX not reading any AFCAD data.

Running a standard Steam installation. Log file included.

Scott,

Benjwri

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2022, 03:54:36 pm »
Thanks will try now and report back
Nope, unfortunately still did not work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2022, 04:02:27 pm »
I'm running into the same problem.

Well, no, according to your log, your problem is much worse. First, it seems your MSFS config folder, which should always be here on Steam:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator

It's either missing, or it's missing the UserCfg.OPT, which we need to open to read where your Community folder is.

OR, the file might be there, but your user account might lack permission to access it. This seems to be indicated by the error in the log that it cannot start to write into %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couat to create the airport cache.  Without the airport cache, nothing will work.

One thing to try is to start Couatl as Administrator.

scottwiser

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2022, 04:33:32 pm »
Oh joy. :)

Looked into the UserCfg.OPT issue. It's sitting in the %APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator main directory where it sounds like it is supposed to be. [Enclosed]

Checked if the program lacks permission to write into %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl . It has the airports.bin , airports2.bin , files.bin , and meta.txt files there. The airport and files have a size of 0 and the meta.txt file consists of these two lines:
"10
1660919179"
It's all greek to me but maybe those numbers make sense to you. As best I can tell, it is able to write to this directory as it is creating these new files and populating at least the meta one with data.

Tried running Couatl as administrator to see if that makes a difference (as I run MSFS itself as an admin). No joy there.

Sorry to be adding to the headache on release day. Hopefully if other folks are running into the same challenge this trouble shooting will make life easier for them.

Scott,

Scott,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2022, 04:40:51 pm »
Looked into the UserCfg.OPT issue. It's sitting in the %APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator main directory where it sounds like it is supposed to be.

Ok, but the file says your Community and Official should be inside the "Package" folder there. Are they ? Are they real folders or shortcuts ?

teofilo

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2022, 04:57:28 pm »
I am trying V Pilot MPTO scenery from the marketplace and I keep getting that there are no AFCAD for this airport, hence GSX does not work. How can I make it work? It works perfectly at other airports but not this one.
This is a Marketplace airport, does it make a difference?
How can I generate the AFCAD file?

Teo