Author Topic: Could not find valid AFCAD  (Read 22399 times)

qcaptain

Re: Could not find valid AFCAD
« Reply #150 on: September 06, 2022, 05:39:02 am »
Thank VM ill take the scenery out and report back.

All fixed now GSX working thanks.

TNTom

« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2022, 05:45:16 am »
Please review the attached log. I am having the same problem as others. I've tried multiple solutions listed in this thread to no avail.

Joeblack

« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2022, 07:07:21 am »
I am very tired
I have unistall  and installed for many time…..I have delete all old folder after new installation….but the problem is the same!!!!!!   
THERE ARE NOT PARKINGS AVAILABLE AT THIS AIRPORT
and manu gsx start but always loading
Mr Umberto can you help me?
Thanks in advanced
Giosue

Hi to all ... solved at 3:00 am  :-\
I've been lucky, afther new installation from universal download with antivirus closed ... pre deleted all old folder of gsx ..... now all run perfectly
Regards

core1450

« Reply #153 on: September 06, 2022, 10:14:07 am »
Any news about my problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2022, 10:15:47 am »
Please review the attached log. I am having the same problem as others. I've tried multiple solutions listed in this thread to no avail.

You have the same error in a recent post on this page:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26527.msg179665.html#msg179665

Just, in your case, the offending file is this one:

Community\Walt Disney Amphitheatre Orlando FL v1.0\scenery\mycompany\objects.bgl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2022, 10:17:41 am »
Any news about my problem?

You posted your file at 10:45 PM in the night, are you already expecting a solution on the next morning ? We are obviously looking at it right now.

core1450

« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2022, 10:22:54 am »
Thanks for your great support Umberto!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2022, 03:31:37 pm »
Thanks for your great support Umberto!

We just released another update today, which I hope should fix your problem now.

core1450

« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2022, 03:52:52 pm »
Umberto, i kiss your heart! It's finally working now!
Thanks a lot for your work and all the best!

Crashdive

« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2022, 05:18:06 pm »
Guess I'm the only one who can't get it to work because of some f****d up Windows permission error/problem.
And Umberto, before you tell me again that it's either 2 couatl's running and/or my AV causing the problem as
you have stated before: It is NONE of that.

First of all: My AV is COMPLETELY disabled. In other words: No exclusion needed.
Second: couatl won't start automatically with MSFS (which is NOT my problem at all) because if it fails to autostart,
I just run it from it's original location as Admin.

To conclude: The only option left for me to do is obviously a complete wipe and new install of Windows which is weird, as the current install of Windows isn't even a month old. EVERYTHING, and I mean ALL my other programs, apps and games work without any problems, including those which have entries in the ProgramData folder, and there are quite a few.

And I am in no mood to start all over again from scratch just because of ONE program not working.
I tried everything possible, but closing in on this permission thing is impossible as there are literally 1000's of solutions online of which most contradict themselves.

Bottomline: NO GSX for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2022, 05:26:00 pm »
First of all: My AV is COMPLETELY disabled. In other words: No exclusion needed.

And that's a mistake. Never, ever, we suggested to "disable" anything. Antivirus are never really disabled, because their low-level windows service is always running and, I witnessed so many times the antivirus still interfering, even if it looked "disabled".

That's why not a single time we ever said to "disable" the antivirus but, instead, CONFIGURE it to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS.

Second: couatl won't start automatically with MSFS (which is NOT my problem at all) because if it fails to autostart

It's not your problem but, it's a known MSFS bug, it doesn't start automatically for me either, and none of the programs in my EXE.XML starts automatically.

I just run it from it's original location as Admin.

That's what I find strange, and that's why ( according to your own report ) I said it was more likely the "access denied" was more likely a problem of having started two copies of the program at once, with the first one blocking access to the second because, running as Admin, you should always have access to the airport cache folder, that is %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali.

I'd say remove that folder and try again with the latest offline installer we released today but, I think you already tried that.

Crashdive

« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2022, 08:36:45 pm »
Used the latest offline installer, now I am getting this (see attached image).
The GSX MAIN MENU loading screen just sits there forever circling (been watching it now for 15 mins) but other than that doing nothing.
Also on the top left it keeps saying "There are no Parking spots available at this Airport (which, in this case, is EDDS - Stuttgart (Asobo).

Tried different spots and different airports - still the same. However, I never even saw this "Loading GSX Menu,..." screen before, so I assume I musdt be making some sort of progress.

Any idea?
TIA

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2022, 11:26:57 am »

It seems your permission problem has been fixed now but, please, don't post screenshot, always post the log, which includes all information we need, inducing the message.

chkoba

« Reply #163 on: September 07, 2022, 01:52:01 pm »
I have the same problem

The GSX MAIN MENU loading screen just sits there forever circling (been watching it now for 15 mins) but other than that doing nothing.
Also on the top left it keeps saying "There are no Parking spots available at this Airport (which, in this case, is EDDS - Stuttgart (Asobo).

Tried different spots and different airports - still the same. However, I never even saw this "Loading GSX Menu,..." screen before, so I assume I musdt be making some sort of progress.

Any idea?
TIA

Joeblack

« Reply #164 on: September 07, 2022, 01:54:20 pm »

Any idea?
TIA

I was the same problem.....I solved in this way...:
1. unistall all from gsx installer
2. unistall the FSDT universal installer from control panel of windows
3. delete manually the folder addon manager and the virtuali folder in the programdata! close and restart the pc
3. close the antivirus
4. install FSDT universal installer and run the installer of gsx pro.

I think thet the problem is during the installation loss some files....need  try  few times and be lucky!
you have slow internet line? could be a cause of data loss .... try at night ...
Regards
Giosue