Author Topic: Could not find valid AFCAD  (Read 22517 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Could not find valid AFCAD
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2022, 07:24:41 pm »
I'm glad it works for others, but it seem's I'm not the only one having a hard time with this.

You are in fact the only one with a permission problem on a folder you shouldn't have any problems writing to, who couldn't fix in that way.

COULD BE you are running a 2nd copy of Couatl ? One that is started by the sim (because it's in the EXE:XML) and another one you started yourself manually ? Restart Windows again, start MSFS and don't start Couatl manually but, pay attention to the TRAY BAR and see if its icon comes up.

Crashdive

« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2022, 08:17:02 pm »
That's me and those stupid Windows permissions, lol

Anyway, when starting the sim the icon for Couatl is in fact in the tray bar.
And no, I am not starting a second one manually.

So, problem persists.

Speaking of permissions, I remember reading in a previous post you mentioned something about some Microsoft permission file/folder checking program, would it beneficial to try that and could this program indeed fix my issue?
I can't remember the post, so if you would be kind enough and post a link, I would appreciate it.

TIA

josemanuelbc

« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2022, 09:30:03 pm »
Could Not Find Valid Afcad please solve this problem paid and disappointment
SOLUTION PLEASE

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2022, 10:03:22 pm »
Could Not Find Valid Afcad please solve this problem paid and disappointmentSOLUTION PLEASE

Your problem is the same discussed before: non-ascii characters in your user name:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26527.msg178502.html#msg178502

We'll have to fix it, for sure, but it might take some days. In the meantime, a possible solution is to move the MSFS Content outside your user account, as explained here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27258.msg178611.html#msg178611

thegustypilot

« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2022, 09:50:11 am »
Well it didn't work for me either.

I enabled permissions for the addon manager folder, deleted the C:\ProgramData\Virtuali folder and then restarted windows. it didn't work
I fired the antivirus and deleted all folders, uninstalled gsx and fsdt installer, and all its folders. I restarted windows and installed fsdt and gsx again (without antivirus) and I get the same result.
I think I am left without gsx and without my money, like the rest of my colleagues with the same problem.

core1450

« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2022, 10:43:17 am »
The problem really should be number one on your agenda. Because others can at least use the product, unlike us.

core1450

« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2022, 10:47:15 am »
Please give us an update, when the problem is fixed... I won't make the goaround, because it's too risky for just one addon.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2022, 12:02:04 pm »
The problem of non-ascii characters in your user name will surely be fixed, but we can't give an exact estimate when, most likely somewhere during the next week.

The whole airport cache issue will eventually go away after SU10 will be out, because there will be a new API that will allows us to get data about the airport directly from the simulator, without having the need to opening the airport .BGL, which will not only remove the need to have an airport cache, but also will allow GSX to be used on Marketplace encrypted airports.

Crashdive

« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2022, 04:22:52 pm »
The whole airport cache issue will eventually go away after SU10 will be out, because there will be a new API that will allows us to get data about the airport directly from the simulator, without having the need to opening the airport .BGL, which will not only remove the need to have an airport cache, but also will allow GSX to be used on Marketplace encrypted airports.

I just hope you are right with this statement.
Knowing the pace at which Microsobo rather throws new addons and eyecandy at us instead on focusing to fix the most funadmental flaws and bugs plaguing the community since MS Flight Crapulator 2020 was conceived, I have my doubts.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2022, 04:40:33 pm »
Knowing the pace at which Microsobo rather throws new addons and eyecandy at us instead on focusing to fix the most funadmental flaws and bugs plaguing the community since MS Flight Crapulator 2020 was conceived, I have my doubts.

We are already working with it with Beta, and we are working at integrating in GSX. It's mostly there, the only thing still missing is data for Jetways, which is very important for GSX.

thegustypilot

« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2022, 04:48:17 pm »
I understand perfectly, but in the meantime I would like to have my money back, how can I request it?
When I see that the problem is really solved, I will make a purchase again and I will be able to have the long-awaited gsx.

keyzer30

« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2022, 09:57:01 pm »
i can not figure out this problem and can seem to pull up the log couatl log but the last time i seen it. it would not read afcad because something like section 6 fail has this happened to any one and how to fix
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 10:34:53 pm by keyzer30 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2022, 01:16:46 pm »
i can not figure out this problem and can seem to pull up the log couatl log but the last time i seen it. it would not read afcad because something like section 6 fail has this happened to any one and how to fix

Impossible to help you without a log with that error.

Crashdive

« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2022, 07:29:12 pm »
I had it.
Been messing around with this AFCAD crap for the past 8 hours, uninstalling - re-installing, giving permissions to everything GSX / virtuali related...
Updating with regular Installer, updating with offline installer - NOTHING works.
I'm at my wit's end.
Since there is absolutely no help found here, I just stick with my faithfull Pushback Toolbar.
At least that works.

I am not expecting to be held by my hand and shown exactly how and what to do, but getting no trouble-shooting tips whatsoever?
And no, Umberto, I am NOT the only one who has this permission denied msg, as there are plenty of other users with exactly the same problem

I do hope that SU10 will fix the problem, but as I said before: I HIGHLY doubt it.
I am aware there is only so much you can do so I thank you for the help so far,

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2022, 07:41:12 pm »
I am not expecting to be held by my hand and shown exactly how and what to do, but getting no trouble-shooting tips whatsoever? And no, Umberto, I am NOT the only one who has this permission denied msg, as there are plenty of other users with exactly the same problem

Each single one who had this permission problem either fixed by configuring the antivirus or being sure he didn't started couatl twice, a first copy started by the simulator automatically and another started by himself, because he tried to launch it manually without realizing it already started.

Maybe this is your issue ?

I do hope that SU10 will fix the problem, but as I said before: I HIGHLY doubt it.

SU10 alone won't fix it. But it will allow use to UPDATE GSX so it won't require an airport cache to begin with. Assuming the API will contain everything we need.

At this time, it lacks data about Jetways and Runway starts. Asobo confirmed Runway Starts will come, but haven't confirmed if Jetways (and Jetway links ) will come as well, and without them, we can't have the full features working.