Author Topic: Simbrief Integration Absent  (Read 3306 times)

jakecminihan

Simbrief Integration Absent
« on: August 19, 2022, 01:08:51 am »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for releasing this, I've been waiting for it a long time and am so glad it's finally here. I can't seem to find the Simbrief username option in the settings menu - I've attached screenshots of what I can see. I also can't get the parking editing menu to show, on either default airports (tried at EGKK) or 3rd party (TBPB). The readback from the Couatl window says:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\parkingDialog.py", line 2759, in onRemoveAllWalkerWaypoints
  File ".\GSX\parkingDialog.py", line 1469, in refreshWaypointsNumber
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'SetLabel'

Forgot to mention - I'm using the most recent build, I just installed an update via the Live Updater. I'm using the SU10 public beta as well, and have been trying these scenarios using the Fenix A320.

Hope that is descriptive enough - please let me know if I can help further by providing a debug log or anything.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 01:10:44 am by jakecminihan »

micas1uk

Re: Simbrief Integration Absent
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 01:14:00 am »
I have the same issue, unable to access the editing menus for vehicles, walkers, etc.

hurfifx

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 01:18:42 am »
Same here, you can see on top of the window it says copyright 2018 GSX for FSX version.. that's why the option is not shown

Dal123

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 01:22:26 am »
I Sadly also am missing the Simbrief option
Gary Boivin

milo1404

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 02:29:04 am »
You just gotta run the live update again, as you don't have the latest files, I was having the same problem and Umberto said that's what you should do.

Aviator74

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 03:30:45 am »
I ran the live update a few times still no Simbrief display

milo1404

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 06:42:16 am »
The final comment was that basically you need to wait for the Cloudflare to update in region for the Cloudflare to catch up eventually to the new files, disappointing but sadly some have the lastest files whilst we don't we just gotta be patient

milo1404

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 06:44:52 am »
"Same as when a new site comes up, and your friend DNS gets the new site in an hour, and you get it the next day. Yes, files will eventually reach all servers, just try again later." -UMBERTO

jakecminihan

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2022, 10:08:57 am »
The final comment was that basically you need to wait for the Cloudflare to update in region for the Cloudflare to catch up eventually to the new files, disappointing but sadly some have the lastest files whilst we don't we just gotta be patient
Thanks for the response! Ran the Live Update, still no ball, same message of:

File ".\GSX\parkingDialog.py", line 1374, in updateSelection
  File ".\GSX\parkingDialog.py", line 2759, in onRemoveAllWalkerWaypoints

when trying to edit parking. I'm partially convinced the LU doesn't work because I've ran it 3 times now and each time it has updated the exact same files, so I wonder if it's just letting me download the same update again. Will advise on here when the Cloudflare update hits.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2022, 10:21:54 am »
I'm partially convinced the LU doesn't work because I've ran it 3 times now and each time it has updated the exact same files, so I wonder if it's just letting me download the same update again. Will advise on here when the Cloudflare update hits.

The Live Update works perfectly fine, but relies on what it gets from the server. When you see the same file redownloaded over and over, it means you got the latest version of the *list* of files, which contains a list of all files on the server and their hashes (so the updater won't have to open thousands of connection to check each connection), so it *knows* what the correct hash should be, it sees you have the old version, so it downloads it but, this time the server is giving the old file, so it the Updater will try to update it again on the following run.