Author Topic: Disappearing jetways 2.0  (Read 1070 times)

AGuyNamedSheev

Disappearing jetways 2.0
« on: August 24, 2022, 09:13:26 am »
okay so I ran live update earlier to fix the jetways bug and it did, but then I've read about the parking spots problem at Flightbeam airports, only to find out the same thing is happening to me. For some reason the old GSX.ini configs are not recognised any more...

The new lady with the beautiful robotic voice (who's idea was this btw?), who is calling out everything happening in GSX also tells you that "there is no valid data available at this position".

Tried the "Restart Couatl and rebuild airport cache" option with no success.

Guess what's happening if you delete your old ksfo.ini custom file and let GSX rebuild a new one via the "Restart Couatl and rebuild airport cache" option.

Well, parking spots are restored from the afcad BUT just try to start to operate jetways via GSX menu and see for yourself ;D       SPOILER: JETWAYS DISAPPEAR  :)

Log file attached. It is loading the correct AFCAD file.

i mean DAYUM, did we ever had an update for an addon that completely nuked the same addon on a whole different game like this?
Just think about it, we may never experience GSX without those insane bugs as we did 4 days before...Thanks to MSFS :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 09:29:52 am by AGuyNamedSheev »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Disappearing jetways 2.0
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 12:16:44 pm »
We worked hard to maintain the highest possible amount of code commonality with P3D, so we could continue to support it in the future.

This means you should expect some issues in the first days, because we changed so many things in the code to ALLOW the same code to work in MSFS and P3D to handle gracefully the differences between the two, because we want to continue supporting P3D.

We'll go through these, one by one, until it will be completely stable as it was before. And once it is, we are also planning to add some of the new features we added to the MSFS version, like new Docking systems, new animations, etc.

But in order to do this, we MUST try to have a common code fully working.

The alternative would have been making "one last full installer for P3D", froze the code, and that's it.

Full disclosure: Max ( MaxHype here ), who's the main GSX coder, developed most of the new features IN P3D, simply because it takes way less time to start, so we can work faster with it. However, we didn't do much testing, so I'm sure there are issues, but we designed the code to run on both platforms.

AGuyNamedSheev

Re: Disappearing jetways 2.0
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 01:03:29 pm »
I must admit that I exaggerated a bit in my last 2 sentences because I wasn't sure about how the future would look like in terms of P3D (and maybe because of frustration).

But now that you cleared that up, I am very glad to hear about your continuous GSX support for P3D and not throwing the towel like other developers.