Author Topic: GSX is reading the default scenery AFCAD instead of the one from the addon scene  (Read 6095 times)

DarrianCZE

Hi!

I am just trying to configure a GSX profile for Aerosoft Brno for MSFS, and I have noticed that the stand numbers in the GSX do not match what is visible on the World Map. By closer investigation I have found out, that the reason why it doesn't match is, that GSX is reading the default AFCAD instead of the AFCAD from the addon scenery.

Is there any way I can enforce a reading of a specific AFCAD? Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Is that scenery bought on the Marketplace ?

Yes, as explained in the manual, place it in the GSX profiles folder %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS

DarrianCZE

Is that scenery bought on the Marketplace ?

Yes, as explained in the manual, place it in the GSX profiles folder %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS

Nope, through Aerosoft, and installed via Aerosoft One, which is placing a Junction into the Community folder, referring to the scenery folder of Aerosoft One.

DarrianCZE

Another case... ORBX LKPR for MSFS...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Does it work if you place it in the GSX profiles folder ?

DarrianCZE

At which page of the manual, it is described how I can copy an actual AFCAD and use it there? I am currently browsing the Airport Customization option, and nothing related to the AFCAD is mentioned there.

But I expect I have to copy an AFCAD there and then change a path in the GSX .ini profile?

DarrianCZE

Ah! Got it! And yes, it works when I place the AFCAD there.

However, this functionality should be fixed. Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
However, this functionality should be fixed. Thank you!

GSX surely reads various AFCADs from different developers in the Community folder, regardless if they are real or just links, we surely checked that. If you could produce a Couatl.log (enable logging in the GSX Settings), it might tell something why the file hasn't been read in its original folder.

DarrianCZE

Sending log and panic log. By browsing the panic log, it seems that GSX doesn't know where the Community folder is, because it reads nothing from there.

And let me stress, that MSFS does know where the Community folder is, because all addons I place there, are correctly working.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Your log shows an error with the APIS docking system, try running the Live Update now, should be fixed.

DarrianCZE

I have performed a live update today, and the reading from an addon scenery AFCAD is still not happening.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I have performed a live update today, and the reading from an addon scenery AFCAD is still not happening.

Nowhere I said it would, the fix was only for the error on the Apis VGDS that custom profile was calling, and that's is fixed.  I find weird the program is perfectly able to find the airplane in the Community folder, but not any scenery.

Try to add the whole Community and Official folders  the antivirus Exclusions, then run the Live Update again.

DarrianCZE

I have the antivirus exclusion for the whole parent folder, where Community and Official is. I have added exclusions for Addon manager now. I have also tried to completely reinstall the GSX this morning, including the deletion of Virtuali folder in Appdata/Roaming and Addon Manager, while also downloading a fresh installers, so completely blank slate.

And the 3rd party airports are still not being read.

DarrianCZE

I have also verified that it doesn't matter whether the scenery is a link or a folder. GSX wont find it in any case.

DarrianCZE

Umberto, is this correct? Those two backslashes before the AFCAD path?

I am desperately trying to figure out what's wrong, since GSX is therefore unusable for any addon airport...