Author Topic: GSX windows no opening up  (Read 6805 times)

teofilo

GSX windows no opening up
« on: August 18, 2022, 10:15:19 pm »
Hi I installed GSX without issues but when I load my flight and click on the GSX button, it turns to white but no popup window opens up at all.
Tried to restart couatl for msfs and no luck.
Any suggestions?

Teo

Zacmia

Re: GSX windows no opening up
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 10:42:10 pm »
I'm also having the same issue as above. Clicking on the button in the toolbar just turns it white but no actual menu pops up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 10:43:41 pm »
Just wait a couple of seconds, the menu doesn't open immediately but, if you click again while it is opening, you are closing it again, and so on.

TomReborn

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 10:45:11 pm »
I've sat on the tarmac and allowed 10 minutes to pass with the menu highlighted white (so clicked to be open), nothing loads unfortunately

Zacmia

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 10:46:01 pm »
Yes same, I clicked it once, let it sit for 10ish minutes, nothing ever opened.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 10:46:41 pm »
When I said "it's not immediate", I meant just a 3-4 seconds, but some users are more impatient than that. Have you got the message about the Couatl engine not starting ? Do you have it in the Tray Bar ?

pdp

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2022, 10:46:50 pm »
Same problem for me, restarting couatl, running MSFS/couatl as admin or any combination thereof does nothing.

As an aside, the FSDT installer keeps saying an update is available for GSX Pro as soon as I've updated...

Berzerker

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2022, 10:47:36 pm »
Couatl is running on the tray, GSX menu shows, tooltip shows up, everything is loaded in, waited a good minute before trying to open the menu. Tried opening, waited 2 minutes, nothing. Tried updating via the Live Updater. Still nothing.

TomReborn

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2022, 10:48:26 pm »
Have you got the message about the Couatl engine not starting ? Do you have it in the Tray Bar ?

I have no message about Couatl engine not starting, but I see it running in Task Manager. The actual taskbar itself though, nothing is there

Josh_P96

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2022, 10:49:13 pm »
When I said "it's not immediate", I meant just a 3-4 seconds, but some users are more impatient than that. Have you got the message about the Couatl engine not starting ? Do you have it in the Tray Bar ?

Hello Virtuali,

Firstly, thank you so much for your time, effort and energy into GSX Pro. I got that message, I also have it in my tray bar. I will remain patient at the end of the day it is release day and let's be honest loads of people downloading and loading at same time doesn't help :)

fahdriyami

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2022, 10:55:11 pm »
Can confirm. Same here. On my first try it opened without issues.

Then I entered the parking editor. But I didnt save the changes I made because I wasnt happy with it and I couldnt find the button to discard changes, so I just pressed Esc and ended the flight, going back to MSFS main screen.

Then created a new flight, and after that the GSX menu refused to open. Waited more than 10 seconds.

EDIT: Running SU10 beta if it matters.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 11:00:29 pm by fahdriyami »

Navylandsub

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2022, 10:57:49 pm »
Same here, load into the sim, have Couatl running. I click the button and wait approx. 45-60 sec. Then I looked at the Couatl window and it read.
"Addon GSX loaded
Starting system monitors
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 411, in onAppStart
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'emulateMenu_MSFS'
GSX SimStart
Loading  aircraft.cfg  from  E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700
Loading  engines.cfg  from  E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700
Loading  flight_model.cfg  from  E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700
Loading  gameplay.cfg  from  E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700
Loading  systems.cfg  from  E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700
this airplane has 15 exits
GSX flightLoaded C:\Users\grunt\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight\CustomFlight.FLT
Airplane major/minor version: 737 700
aircraftDb.py provides aircraft data with priority 2  baseName =  PMDG 737-700
Using aircraft data from aircraftDb.py
Specific .cfg file for N555LV not found in SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-700, using standard GSX.CFG file
Specific .cfg file for N555LV not found in C:\Users\grunt\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/Airplanes\PMDG 737-700, using standard GSX.CFG file
User collision geometries reloaded
GSX variables RESET"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2022, 11:03:58 pm »
Same here, load into the sim, have Couatl running. I click the button and wait approx. 45-60 sec. Then I looked at the Couatl window and it read.

Your log shows you have an outdated version, because the error list a line that doesn't exist in the current version, for the same reasons explained in another thread about this, that is servers still behind getting all files.

But, since you posted a snipped of the log, instead of doing what we always asked when reporting errors, that is ZIPPING the WHOLE Couatl.log and Attaching it to a post, I can't say exactly what is still not updated. The reason why I need to see the whole log, is because it's telling me information about the version of the software, and all sort of other useful informations which are there for a reason. So, please, ZIP the whole log and attach it to a post.

sauqy

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2022, 11:05:05 pm »
Same problem, SU10, PMDG 737. Also tried restarting Couatl. It says Couatl hasn't started and the message disappears. Got nothing else after that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2022, 11:11:19 pm »
Same problem, SU10, PMDG 737. Also tried restarting Couatl. It says Couatl hasn't started and the message disappears. Got nothing else after that.

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with this one or, at least, nobody here said they saw the message about Couatl not started. There IS another thread about Couatl not started, which a file you can download that might fix it so, please, try that.