Author Topic: FSDT Installer not Working **SOLVED**  (Read 5093 times)

cshark172

FSDT Installer not Working **SOLVED**
« on: June 30, 2022, 08:42:16 pm »
After a prolonged absence from my sim computer, I was updating software and when I tried to run the FSDT Installer it did not work.  I downloaded and installed the latest version from the website, and ensured antivirus was paused before executing the program.  The installer starts, does a few coutal updates then shuts down immediately with no feedback.  I looked in the event viewer and had the attached .net and kernelbase.dll errors.  I also tried running the Live Update icon on the desktop, and get the same result and error.  The only major changes to my system  since last successful run was an upgrade to Windows 11 and upgraded video card, so not sure if these are related.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 04:28:32 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Installer not Working
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 11:01:51 am »
The error log seems to hint as some files, which are surely included in the installer, missing, as if the antivirus removed them.

- Be sure you configured the antivirus TO EXCLUDE the Addon Manager folder ? DO NOT "pause it", do not "exit" from it, we never suggested to do that. The one and only direction we have for the antivirus is to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS.

- Be sure the firewall is not blocking some downloads.

Reinstall the FSDT Universal Installer again after you verified you did both, and try running it after a Windows restart.

cshark172

Re: FSDT Installer not Working
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 12:56:57 pm »
Thank you for your response.  The exclusion and new install fixed it. 

jsbx911

Re: FSDT Installer not Working **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 04:55:20 pm »
Don't know if I should open a new topic since this one is "solved" but I've got the exact same problem since a few days (screenshot attached).
My Addon Manager folder (D:\Programmes\Addon Manager) is in the antivirus exclusion and I turned OFF my firewall to make sure nothing's blocked.

After many unsuccessful tries, this is the way I think it should work, but it doesn't :
- uninstall FSDT installer from add/remove programs
- restart
- download of the latest FSDT universal installer
- verify the Addon Manager folder is in antivirus exclusion and firewall is off
- run the universal installer
- restart
- try to launch live update, with no success

Is there something I'm missing ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 01:40:32 am »
The error log seems to hint as some files, which are surely included in the installer, missing, as if the antivirus removed them.

- Be sure you configured the antivirus TO EXCLUDE the Addon Manager folder ? DO NOT "pause it", do not "exit" from it, we never suggested to do that. The one and only direction we have for the antivirus is to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS.

Reinstall the FSDT Universal Installer again after you verified you did both, and try running it after a Windows restart.

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2022, 06:52:01 pm »

Hello, after more than 30 Mails discussing with support FSDT about this issue, i'm still unable to run FSDT Live Update due to the exact errors as the topic owner has :

- Error at function CheckLicense
- KERNELBASE.DLL

What I did as suggested :
- Excluded Addon Manager in Windows Defender, no other AntiVirus
- Run FSDT Universal Installer

Still same problem the FSDT Live Update or FSDT Installer exits just after downloading 6 / 6 (exits with error in Events Viewer).

and in P3D, when trying to register GSX, it says that Coualt Engine is not running, please excluded in anti virus program and run Live update again.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 06:54:56 pm by hkhoanguyen »

72westy

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 07:30:56 am »
I too just noticed this issue. Was gone for 3 weeks and when I attempted to check for updates and it does just as the OP stated...

"The installer starts, does a few coutal updates then shuts down immediately with no feedback."

I've never had the issue before and have the AV excluded (Avast free edition)
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

72westy

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2022, 08:00:49 am »
 Event viewer:

Couatl_Updater2.exe
   62ca2099
   KERNELBASE.dll
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 01:56:51 pm by virtuali »
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2022, 01:57:19 pm »
Reinstall the FSDT Universal Installer again, and try running it after a Windows restart.

72westy

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2022, 12:13:43 am »
Now I get the following when attempting to run...

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'QlmLicenseLib, Version=16.0.22168.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9c65e32c060523a1' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'QlmLicenseLib, Version=16.0.22168.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9c65e32c060523a1'
   at Couatl_Updater2.Product.CheckLicense(Boolean silent)
   at Couatl_Updater2.Product.ConditionalDownload(String name, String checkFolder, String remoteFolder, String localFolder, String relativeFolder, String cacheFile, String backupFile, Boolean
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 03:08:13 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2022, 03:09:35 pm »
Now I get the following when attempting to run...

That indicates you either haven't installed using the current version of the FSDT Installer, or you haven't restarted Windows after doing so, since the installer surely registers the QlmLicenseLib .DLL the messsage says it can't be loaded.

jsbx911

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2022, 07:24:28 pm »
It worked for me today after downloading and running the new installer, thanks virtuali !