Developer's Backdoor > GSX Backdoor

Third GSX Preview in MSFS: Airport Customization

<< < (12/13) > >>

hurfifx:
Hello are there newer catering trucks included or only improved 3d models of the old ones? For now on the previews I was only able to see one variant of the old truck.
See attachement below

DarrianCZE:
Also, another question, based on what I have seen in the Youtube previews. Are you able to change the passenger amount which is disembarking at the same time, like in the P3D version? From what I have seen in the previews, there are always only a couple of passengers, so just checking.

WebMaximus:
Wow, didn't realize GSX will soon be available for MSFS until I saw a YouTube clip. So much have been waiting for this one! Like with many of the other "must have" products out there, for a good and realistic airline simulation experience.

Great to see how MSFS2020 slowly is getting there. Having what MSFS offers out of the box in combination with all these great addons truly is a dream come true for many of us!

airbadger:
Can you confirm that users aren't able to click on the world to place vehicles, pushback points, walking paths, etc. in the MSFS version? Is that something that Asobo needs to provide for?

virtuali:

--- Quote from: airbadger on August 18, 2022, 01:30:29 pm ---Can you confirm that users aren't able to click on the world to place vehicles, pushback points, walking paths, etc. in the MSFS version? Is that something that Asobo needs to provide for?
--- End quote ---

Yes, we just can't do it.

As a general rule, everything that might look "strange" or not exactly as you wanted to be, it's because of SDK limitations:

- The GSX menu has been replicated using a fairly complex coordination between HTML + JS + WASM, to overcome the fact the MSFS SDK has killed the Simconnect Menu, which has been there since FSX and, in addition to that, after SU5, Javascript code gets killed as soon the calling Toolbar panel gets closed AND, we want to be absolutely sure we are not causing *any* (ZERO) fps loss when the menu is not open.

- There's no mouse support whatsoever in add-ons that need to interact with the 3d external view, like in P3D. The simulator is obviously capable of doing it, since in Dev Mode you CAN click and drag stuff to create a scenery, but this function is not accessible to 3rd party add-on. We have been asked for it since more than a year, in addition to a proper camera API, which has been requested by many developers, but there's no telling if it will eventually come.

Maybe, if GSX would be popular enough, we might get enough traction to convince Asobo to see the value of exposing Mouse handling ( which P3D has ), restoring the missing Simconnect menu and add a proper camera API that can be used to create cameras on the fly ( like we have in P3D ) but, at the very least, knowing *where* the current camera is, which we used in P3D to improve positional audio accuracy ( your ears are the camera ).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version