Developer's Backdoor > GSX Backdoor

Third GSX Preview in MSFS: Airport Customization

<< < (11/13) > >>

fahdriyami:
Will the lack of SODE cause problems for GSX in MSFS when it comes to the jetways? Or will developers need to manually replace them with GSX jetways for it to work seamlessly?

Will GSX work with the default/World Update jetways?

I know that users can also make GSX profiles for airports, but I dont miss having to dig into the scenery folders to disable jetways etc. I was hoping it would be easier and simpler this time around.

virtuali:
It's surely way easier to enable/disable jetways in this version, because the GSX replacement jetways are provided as a single .BGL for each airport. The replacement process happens by simply having the GSX Jetways Package on an higher priority of any other scenery ( SU10 will let you arrange areas without messing with the content.xml ), so you just stop the replacement for an ICAO by removing its file from the GSX Jetways Package.

But you don't have to move files around yourself: there's a Configuration panel in the GSX section of the FSDT Installer/Updater that has a page in which you can either:

- Click a button to have GSX detect all 3rd party sceneries. Or, at least, those that conform to the developer-airport-icao-name naming standard for their package. All airports that matches will be proposed as possible candidates to *prevent* GSX to replace their jetway, resulting in the GSX .BGL being moved to a backup folder, outside the Community.

- If a scenery couldn't be detected (likely because its name didn't conform to the above naming standard), you can still search its code from a list, and have the relevant GSX .BGL being removed.

Same is valid for Airport Services. We supply GSX with about 15000 custom Airport Service files, which allows to have default Ground Vehicles (the ones servicing AIs) customized by ICAO, instead of "Regions", but if you have 3rd party airports that came with their own custom Airport Service files, you can do the same search by ICAO to prevent GSX to replace their Airport Services.

DarrianCZE:
Hi Umberto, with the release of GSX for MSFS, are there any plans for making pushback capable of towing the aircraft forward? Especially at the airport I operate from, there are custom push positions on the taxiways, which in more than half of the cases, require a pushback truck to tow the aircraft forward a few dozen meters.

Thank you!

virtuali:

--- Quote from: DarrianCZE on August 17, 2022, 09:46:01 am ---Hi Umberto, with the release of GSX for MSFS, are there any plans for making pushback capable of towing the aircraft forward?
--- End quote ---

We know this is a requested feature, and it will eventually come up. Users were asking about visible passengers for years, since the first GSX came out, and they eventually arrived.

--- Quote ---Especially at the airport I operate from, there are custom push positions on the taxiways, which in more than half of the cases, require a pushback truck to tow the aircraft forward a few dozen meters.
--- End quote ---

Which place and position ? I would like to try that and see if is really not possible to do it with a custom route and well placed waypoints and curves using the Pushback customization.

DarrianCZE:

--- Quote from: virtuali on August 17, 2022, 10:00:56 am ---
--- Quote from: DarrianCZE on August 17, 2022, 09:46:01 am ---Hi Umberto, with the release of GSX for MSFS, are there any plans for making pushback capable of towing the aircraft forward?
--- End quote ---

We know this is a requested feature, and it will eventually come up. Users were asking about visible passengers for years, since the first GSX came out, and they eventually arrived.

--- Quote ---Especially at the airport I operate from, there are custom push positions on the taxiways, which in more than half of the cases, require a pushback truck to tow the aircraft forward a few dozen meters.
--- End quote ---

Which place and position ? I would like to try that and see if is really not possible to do it with a custom route and well placed waypoints and curves using the Pushback customization.

--- End quote ---

LKPR, push positions along taxiway J, for example. Pushback from stand 17 to push position 3, 5, or 1.

Other case is push position along taxiway H1, for example pushback from stand 30 to push position 3 or 2.

Both of them on the North Apron. Because of the position of the taxiway and mentioned push positions, I am not sure it can be achieved simply by pushing the plane backwards. At least not while having a serious cringe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version