Author Topic: GSX Live Update  (Read 4429 times)

Tomcatsclaw

GSX Live Update
« on: April 21, 2021, 11:54:57 am »
Hi Umberto,

I'm reporting a problem with the FSDT Live Update (it is not completing the update).

Yesterday (20-04-21) I tried running the Live Update but I got several error messages:
1 - The Remote Server returned invalid data
2 - The Remote Server returned an error:(404) Not Found. This occurs when the Update stops at Performing step 306 of 510 - Updating FSDT Las Vegas Scenery (from there it just stops and reports finished?)
3 - GSX Level-2 is showing for the 1st time a .bgl file (PHNL) to be excluded. Never had this before with any scenery.

Because of this I noticed that the sceneries of both Ft. Lauderdale (KFLL) and Geneva (LSGG) have been affected.
1 - KFLL has dropped into a sinkhole and is missing some building textures and jetbridges.
2 - LSGG has no buildings in the scenery only the jetbridges and AI Aircraft

I'm running FSX (DVD version) SP1/SP2 on a dedicated SSD drive and all programs and files pertaining to FSX have been marked as safe with Kaspersky.

LEdwards2012

Re: GSX Live Update
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 04:51:58 pm »
I reported a similar problem with Live Update a couple of days ago, but despite explaining that I have the Addon Manager folder excluded from Microsoft Defender, Umberto continues to insist this is a virus settings issue and not a problem with his servers. Eventually enough people will complain and he will rethink his approach.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 11:31:17 am »
- Configure the antivirus and be sure you add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions. Don't disable the antivirus, but configure it as explained.

- Try the Live Update again.

Tomcatsclaw

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 08:09:47 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Addon Manager was already set in the exclusions of my antivirus.

I deleted LSGG and reinstalled it, to my surprise it is up and running without a hitch.

I am still having issues with GSX and KFLL.
GSX Level 2 Control Panel is still showing a PHNL bgl-file still excluded. (Is this normal??)
FSDT seems to be running normal now.

Ft. Lauderdale still remains in a sinkhole and there are no jetways visible.

Any further suggestions?

Milton

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 09:01:02 am »
Addon Manager was already set in the exclusions of my antivirus.

I deleted LSGG and reinstalled it, to my surprise it is up and running without a hitch.

There wasn't any need to remove LSGG, what fixed the problem was likely another run of the Update, resulted in you finally got the latest version, which was previously blocked by the antivirus.

GSX Level 2 Control Panel is still showing a PHNL bgl-file still excluded. (Is this normal??)

The GSX Exclusions folder will only contains:

- Files you created by creating jetways Exclusions for 3rd party sceneries

- Files you downloaded by someone that made a GSX custom profile.

None of our installers or the updater will ever touch anything in that file, no files will be added there and no files will ever be removed.

Ft. Lauderdale still remains in a sinkhole and there are no jetways visible.

The current P3D fix has issues with FSX, use this alternate files instead:

http://update.virtualisoftware.com/FSDT_KFLL_FSX_fix.zip

Place it in the Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KFLL\Scenery folder and overwrite the two files with the same name that are there. Until we'll release a fix that works for both, from now on, don't update the AFCAD for KFLL when prompted by the Live Updater.

Tomcatsclaw

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 12:27:16 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I installed the 2 BGL files.
FT. Lauderdale is up and running as before.

Thank you for your assistance.

Milton

trisho0

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 08:59:48 pm »
In the past, I used to launch GSX LiveUpdate and when it asks for KFLL AFCAD offering to update it or not. Of course that due to elevations with FSX sim I followed the recommendation to say "No" and all went just fine with the scenery.
Lately, it appears the LiveUpdate even skipping the RFLL update the LiveUpdater replace the CVX file and the scenery elevations came back.
I found when I change the CVX file Windows Properties to "Ready Only" then LiVeUpdater won't replace the file but we can see the Couatl dialog Box the line: An exception occurred during a WebClient request.
Will be affected P3D v4 and v5 sims? FSX works as expected as longer if keep answering "No" to LiveUpdate with that "exception" line of Couatl dialog box.

Will be fixed on future Couatl LiveUpdate app?
Patricio Valdes 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 10:46:06 pm »
I found when I change the CVX file Windows Properties to "Ready Only" then LiVeUpdater won't replace the file but we can see the Couatl dialog Box the line: An exception occurred during a WebClient request.

Of course you have that error. Making the file read-only caused that but, the Live Update is robust enough to deal with such errors without crashing.

Will be affected P3D v4 and v5 sims? FSX works as expected as longer if keep answering "No" to LiveUpdate with that "exception" line of Couatl dialog box.

I'm sorry but regardless what you do, there's no way to have KFLL working with P3D5 and FSX together. The FSX version of the file should work with P3D4 too, and the P3D4 version should work with P3D5, but not all 3 at the same time.

trisho0

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2021, 02:24:41 am »
I'm sorry but regardless what you do, there's no way to have KFLL working with P3D5 and FSX together. The FSX version of the file should work with P3D4 too, and the P3D4 version should work with P3D5, but not all 3 at the same time.
I have plenty sceneries in my PC machine with FSX, P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5.2 without problem with SODE because I edit the SODE xml file. I add a line as:
<TargetSim ID="P3Dv4"/> or <TargetSim ID="FSX"/> node. SODE reads the xml files following the inserted Node. So, example FSX loads a scenery and SODE knows what xml file to use or GSX reads the GSX.ini file which is present in the scenery folder . If I load a P3Dv4 scenery the SODE will find the node line xml instructing to what sim to see. P3Dv4 SODE will not load a xml file containing the FSX node. For P3Dv5 we can add the node accordingly too.
In the case of FSDT KFLL I only have installed in FSX sim and Jetways are found from the GSX.ini file placed in the same KFLL folder.
On the another hand, Jetways appear on air with the updated AFCAD as pictured. So I use the backup old AFCAD and CVX files to resolve it. I also found the Jetways are present in the old working AFCAD. The new AFCAD has no Jetways.
Patricio Valdes

« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 04:20:58 am by trisho0 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2021, 07:03:25 am »
I have plenty sceneries in my PC machine with FSX, P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5.2 without problem with SODE because I edit the SODE xml file.

Nothing about this issue has anything to do with SODE, the problem is the changed default scenery file from FSX/P3D4 and P3D5 and the fact KFLL is one of the few airports in P3D V5 that has sloped runways, that's why you can't use it together with the same AFCAD with one sim.

trisho0

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2021, 01:27:11 pm »
I have plenty sceneries in my PC machine with FSX, P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5.2 without problem with SODE because I edit the SODE xml file.

Nothing about this issue has anything to do with SODE, the problem is the changed default scenery file from FSX/P3D4 and P3D5 and the fact KFLL is one of the few airports in P3D V5 that has sloped runways, that's why you can't use it together with the same AFCAD with one sim.
Thanks Umberto. Now I understood the point. I only have installed FSDT KFLL in FSX sim but LatinVFR KFLL in P3D v4 and v5.
Also, I didn't know FSDT KFLL can be installed in the mentioned P3D sims. By learning the AFCAD will not work together said FSX with P3D in the same PC then I should leave them as is.

Patricio Valdes

trisho0

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2022, 05:23:20 pm »
I had to reinstall Windows 10 due to a crashed hard disk and installed flight simulators. After installed FSDT scenery of KFLL in FSX and P3Dv4 I found double jetway per gate. I also found files KFLL_jetway.BGL with kfll-fsdt.ini in the D:\Microsoft Games\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\KFLL\scenery folder. To resolve jetways duplicated I rename the file KFLL_jetway.BGL to Off but after running FSDT Live Update the jetway file returns. This happens in both sims, FSX and P4D. Jetways in question can be seen from screenshot.
Patricio Valdes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2022, 10:57:59 pm »
This happens in both sims, FSX and P4D. Jetways in question can be seen from screenshot.

I think I already explained this so many times:

- You CANNOT use KFLL in FSX and P3D at the same time.

- If you want to use it in FSX, you MUST use the old AFCAD posted before, and then you CANNOT run the updater, because it will not only download the new AFCAD, which is made *assuming* you'll use GSX/SODE jetways with P3D, but will also download the related GSX .INI file that adds jetways.

So, if you try to mixup, using the old AFCAD ( which contains standard jetways ) and the new GSX profile, which adds SODE jetways, since that one is made assuming you'll use the new AFCAD (that has no jetways ), if you use it with the old AFCAD that *does* have jetways, you WILL have double jetways.

Again:

If you use KFLL with the original FSX AFCAD, that comes with its own standard jetways. DO NOT run the updater, you can prevent the updater to update that folder by placing an empty file named DONTUPDATE in the scenery folder. This will work in P3D4 as well, but WILL result in elevation problems in P3D5

If you use the current AFCAD that is online now, is compatible with P3D 4 and 5, but not with FSX, it doesn't contain jetways, because if comes with an GSX profile that adds jetways, which means if you downgrade the AFCAD with the old FSX version, you WILL have double jetways UNLESS you remove the GSX .INI profile. And, of course, if you downgrade the AFCAD, P3D V5 will have the elevation problems, and likely double objects as well, since the old AFCAD only works with the FSX/P3D4 default scenery, not the V5 default scenery.

But, since you said yourself you only want to use it in FSX, just use the old AFCAD and don't run the update. Are you aware that, if you place a DONTUPDATE file in the scenery folder, the FSDT Live Update won't update that folder ?

trisho0

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2022, 04:55:32 am »
Dear Umberto, I know you explained this several times but for different situation; with FSX installed only, other time was when I had FSX P4d and P5D installed and now it is FSX with P4D installed.
I was able to remove jetways from original AFCAD (via ADE) so now KFLL is working just fine, no double jetways. Still, I have to skip the update for KFLL which is OK for me otherwise I get elevation problem with FSX. Actually, KFLL is working without issues now with FSX and P4D.
Thanks, Umberto, for your guidance and help.
Patricio Valdes