Author Topic: Aircraft door selection with stairs  (Read 1774 times)

Yannes2812-GER

Aircraft door selection with stairs
« on: June 07, 2022, 07:01:33 pm »
Hi, would it be possible to implement a configuration for the "Operate stairs" option to select which doors should be the ones used by GSX?
Most airlines around the world only board via one door at the front when boarding via stairs (see the picture attached).
When using a jetway(SODE), we already have the opportunity to select the door - why not implement it with the stairs?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aircraft door selection with stairs
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 09:20:44 am »
You can do exactly that, by using the GSX airplane config editor, and select "No door at this position" for each door you don't want GSX to use, which will of course affect the operate stairs as well, since if a door is flagged that way, the matching stair won't even be created at the gate.

Yannes2812-GER

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 09:31:14 am »
Yes, i did try that. The problem is that there are some a/c and airports where you want to use that door for a jetway which you do not want to use when operating the stairs.
I also got a problem when doing that with the Aerosoft A330 for P3D: When telling GSX that there was no door at 1L, the GSX-integration of the aircraft works but i get to see things like this:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 10:03:57 am by Yannes2812-GER »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 10:04:34 am »
I think this should be Aerosoft related and not due to the implementation of GSX, right?

Yes, of course. If the airplane decides to open one of its door, GSX can't do much about it. So yes, in this case, if that feature is part of the GSX integration, they might add a feature to read your custom config, so doors you disabled won't be opened.

Yannes2812-GER

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 10:11:29 am »
Okay, but I now encounter some strange behaviour: The passenger stairs at 2L won't extend(have a look at the last attached screenshot) but the boarding just works like it would if the stairs would be extended

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 10:17:03 am »
Okay, but I now encounter some strange behaviour: The passenger stairs at 2L won't extend(have a look at the last attached screenshot) but the boarding just works like it would if the stairs would be extended

You can't have a 2nd door if you don't have the 1st one. Do not disable the 1st door but, instead, move it to the 2nd position. Their position on the airplane config diagram doesn't have any relationship to what they do or what they should be located, it's just an example.

Yannes2812-GER

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2022, 10:25:40 am »
Okay, thanks for the support. The stairs do now extend at 2L but now it's only the aircraft related problem with the doors