Author Topic: GSX3 in WIN11  (Read 1318 times)

L04i

GSX3 in WIN11
« on: May 10, 2022, 07:13:32 pm »
Hi,

After system change I have reinstalled P3D5.3 on a WIN11 machine. The installation of GSX2 seemed to work fine using the FSDT installer but now the GSX functions are available only for the installed  FSDT airports. When using any other airport GSX is switching to the trail mode for KSFO, EDDM and LIML only. I have deactivated and reactivated it several times but no change in that behavior. What could be done?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX3 in WIN11
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 10:41:47 am »
Are you sure you activated BOTH the base GSX and GSX L2 ? They need to be activated separately, each one with its own key. If you only activate GSX L2, the base GSX will still be in Trial, so it will work only at Trial + FSDT airports.

L04i

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 01:29:56 pm »
Yes, of course, I have installed and activated both GSX and GSX2, see attached screenshot.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 05:55:34 pm »
Yes, of course, I have installed and activated both GSX and GSX2, see attached screenshot.

Something is very strange, what you are describing basically cannot happen because, if there was a problem with the software running, you won't get a Trial, GSX wouldn't even start. If you see the Trial menu, it means GSX is working perfectly fine, but the *base* product is not activated.

However, you are on Windows 11, and nobody at FSDT use it yet, so we don't know if there might be some difference there, which usually are related to the .NET libraries. Usually, installing the FSDT Universal Installer should fix any of these issues, possibly after a restart.