Author Topic: GSX 2 Activations Question  (Read 1163 times)

paulyg123

GSX 2 Activations Question
« on: May 07, 2022, 04:33:03 pm »
I  have GSX 2 and a license code.  I keep on getting messages before I land saying "Disable Default Jetways inGSX2 Control Panel"  So I just looked and GSX 2 is still in trial version.  Does this mean, it is not functioning now?  So I am attempting to register it.  I put in the license key and It says  "CONTACTING activation server" but it never seems to connect after 15 minutes.  What do I do??? 

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
Re: GSX 2 Activations Question
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 05:44:38 pm »
Check in the P3D Options menu that Couatl is running. My guess is it isn’t. Try rebooting and starting P3D again. If that doesn’t fix it then Umberto’s help is needed.

Couatl64.exe is critical to all your FSDT products working. If it isn’t running they’ll all be in trial mode.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 11:42:25 pm »
Paul, confirm you also have GSX 1? You need GSX 1 in order to run GSX 2.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 01:51:52 pm »
I  have GSX 2 and a license code.  I keep on getting messages before I land saying "Disable Default Jetways inGSX2 Control Panel"  So I just looked and GSX 2 is still in trial version. 

The two messages are completely unrelated, and you would get that message regardless of the activation, because its meaning ( you quoted only a part of it) is that, since you must have installed an update for P3D, or reinstall P3D, the default jetways are still active, because they are normally disabled by the GSX *installer* but, of course, if you update the sim, it will revert the original scenery file with default jetways.

One of the reasons why the GSX Control Panel exists, is to allow you to disable jetways again after a simulator update, otherwise you would have to reinstall GSX each time, to patch again the default jetways file. That what that message meant. Just follow what it asks, and disable the default jetways with the GSX Control Panel.

Now, regarding activation, that's a completely different issue. The very fact you are seeing the previous message means GSX (and the Couatl64.exe) are working, otherwise you won't see any message from GSX.

If the activation server cannot be contacted, the most common problem is an firewall blocking the program from going online. Turn any firewall off during the activation. Also, it's possible you haven't realized another window has opened in the background with the QLM License Wizard, so it's waiting for your input. The license wizard usually comes out BECAUSE the firewall is blocking the Addon Manager/Couatl programs, so fixing the firewall should fix both cases.

As an alternative, if you don't know how to fix the firewall, you can try using the FSDT Universal Installer ( link on the Home Page or the Products page ), which can be used to activate a product externally, when the sim is not running.