Author Topic: FSX with double jetways from KFLL scenery  (Read 1502 times)

trisho0

FSX with double jetways from KFLL scenery
« on: April 29, 2022, 09:43:47 pm »
After FSDT Live Update I found KFLL scenery has 2 files, kfll-fsdt.ini and KFLL_jetway.BGL and I have to rename the KFLL_jetway.BGL to Off. Otherwise, I see double jetways per gate. This is just my report here to find instructions what to do next.
Regards,
Patricio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX with double jetways from KFLL scenery
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 10:49:42 pm »
The problem doesn't happen, unless you don't allow to update the AFCAD when asked, because the updated AFCAD doesn't call the jetways anymore.

In addition to that, if you made a GSX custom profile for KFLL *BEFORE* we updated it to include SODE jetways, you must remove it, so the one we supply the scenery with will be in use. Which can now be further customized, of course, but you must start from our original, updated AFCAD *and* our original, updated .INI.

trisho0

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 04:59:32 am »
Regardless of if answering to FSDT Live Update for AFCAD replacement to say YES or NO, I get the jetway file added anyway. I resolved by editing the KFLL_jetway.BGL file as a text by removing contents but REM word added. No more double jetways because I changed the Attribute file to Read-Only. Voila!
Patricio Valdes
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 05:26:20 am by trisho0 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 12:36:48 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm that, if you are using the current AFCAD which is online now, there will be no double jetwyas and no need to edit anything so, if you still had double jetwyas, it can only mean:

- you haven't allowed the updater to update the AFCAD

OR

- you created a DONTOUCH file, so you won't even be asked to update the AFCAD, or anything else in that folder.

trisho0

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 08:14:37 pm »
I understand I know that, but I am fixing this for FSX where the KFLL is installed. I removed the KFLL from P3D v4 and v5.
When I accept the new AFCAD then FSX gets elevations problem. I can re-create the scenario to see if the new AFCAD gives me no elevations issues again.
Do you want me to give a try to find out?
Regards,
Patricio Valdes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 05:14:29 pm »
I understand I know that, but I am fixing this for FSX where the KFLL is installed. I removed the KFLL from P3D v4 and v5. When I accept the new AFCAD then FSX gets elevations problem. I can re-create the scenario to see if the new AFCAD gives me no elevations issues again.

You can't use KFLL with P3D and FSX at the same time. Either you use it in FSX, but you must download the AFCAD posted in the forum ( in the thread about the elevation problem ) OR you use it in P3D, so you can use the latest online AFCAD, which doesn't contain jetways, so it can be used together the supplied GSX .INI profile.

You can't use the scenery in both sims, if you decided to use it in FSX, then you must remove choose which jetway to use so yes, if you want to use the GSX ones, you must remove the .BGL library file that contains the jetways.