Author Topic: Two Couatl_Updaters??  (Read 1110 times)

ebattle

Two Couatl_Updaters??
« on: April 26, 2022, 12:13:40 am »
Hello,

Can someone explain the significance of Couatl_Updater.exe and Couatl_Updater2.exe? Why do I have two and whats the difference between them? Do I need them both? Should I be running them both when it's time to update? Which one should I run first?

Thank you,
Emerson

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Two Couatl_Updaters??
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 01:24:05 am »
Use Couatl_Updater.exe. It checks to see that the other one is up to date before commencing with the actual updates.
Captain Kevin

ebattle

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 02:01:54 am »
Perfect! Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 05:06:07 pm »
Can someone explain the significance of Couatl_Updater.exe and Couatl_Updater2.exe? Why do I have two and whats the difference between them? Do I need them both? Should I be running them both when it's time to update? Which one should I run first?

This has been explained many times on the forum and:

- The reason why any FSDT installer you ever ran has placed an "FSDT Live Update" ICON on your Desktop, is precisely so you don't have to *wonder* what program you are supposed to start so, if you do what you are supposed to do normally, that is starting it with the ICON, it will works as it's supposed to.

- If you lost the icon, or haven't noticed it, or you like to understand how things works, the ICON is supposed to point to the Couatl_Updater.EXE, which doesn't do anything other than checking if there's an updated version of the Couatl_Updater2.exe ( which does the actual work ), and if there is, it will download it and will start it, performing the update.

This way, the updater can "Update itself" so, if you always start from the Couatl_Updater2.exe instead, you might end up updating with an outdated updater, which might cause issues, like not downloading the latest files or not supporting the latest products, etc.