Author Topic: Suggestion for rainy days and walk-in gates  (Read 1692 times)

AUA9085

• My Youtube Profile :)
Suggestion for rainy days and walk-in gates
« on: April 17, 2022, 12:50:31 pm »
Hey,

I just landed in LGSK and it was raining there.
Gate 1 and 2 are Walk-in gates configured by me and my passengers sadly need to walk-in in heavy rain :D

Suggestion:
Give them some umbrellas :D or if its raining, probably the tool can be check that and send a Passenger bus and overwrite the walk-in gate.

Cheers
Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Suggestion for rainy days and walk-in gates
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 11:16:20 pm »
We thought about that, but it would then require a rework of all animations for each passenger, since a walking cycle with somebody with an umbrella is not the same as a normal walkcycle. And they'll probably have to walk quicker than normal, which cannot be done by just accelerating the animation, because that would result in a silly "silent movie" effect, they would have a completely different walkcycle with a different pacing and stride.

And then, user will ask for multi-seasonal clothing for passengers, which means at least duplicating the passenger variations.

Yes, it can be done, but not quickly.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 03:52:19 pm »
Give them some umbrellas :D
Serious question because I don't know the answer, but how often are passengers walking around with umbrellas. Do people actually check the weather at their destination before they fly.
Captain Kevin

AUA9085

• My Youtube Profile :)
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 08:58:42 pm »
It was just a thinking of mine :) No must have for me :)
I think the easy way would be to say "if its raining, bring the bus as usual" or a "manual request passengers bus" to overwrite the walk-in.

Cheers
Bernd

disco79stu

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 07:52:35 pm »
Rather then giving them all umbrellas you should just make them move way quicker or even do a little run/jog :D
(optional holding their newspapers over their head)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 10:29:24 pm »
Rather then giving them all umbrellas you should just make them move way quicker or even do a little run/jog :D
(optional holding their newspapers over their head)
Serious question because I don't know the answer, but people still read newspapers these days? 20 years ago, I could understand, but nowadays, I couldn't be so sure.
Captain Kevin

disco79stu

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2022, 07:45:42 am »
You wouldn't be wrong to assume that there are way less real newspapers than 20 years ago, but on the flights I usually do (passenger) there are still those racks of newspapers and magazines at the gates, at least on the early morning LH-business trips I occasionally do out of MUC. But I admit, it has been 10+ years since I myself took one of those...

So passengers will need to use their jackes/notebook-bags/tablets/instagram-personality to repel the rain :D :D