Author Topic: GSX Passenger Numbers Prompt Anomaly  (Read 1275 times)

simmerluke

GSX Passenger Numbers Prompt Anomaly
« on: April 12, 2022, 12:50:02 am »
Hi

I haven't flown with P3D(v5) in a while but am having a small issue with GSXL2 whereby I am not being asked for passenger numbers after selecting Boarding, which seems to be leading to a long delay (sometimes >15 minutes) before boarding eventually starts with absolutely huge numbers of passengers getting on. So far tried with TFDI 717 and PMDG 737NGu with similar results.

As I understand from the manual, with Estimate Passenger Numbers unchecked I would get the number prompt (and certainly used to be in the past). With it checked, behaviour seems to be as normal.

Other related anomalies are that during the delay I am unable to pan my Spot view around in the usual manner by holding the space bar down. Once boarding starts I can move the camera again normally.

All very odd! Hope you can help.

Thanks

Luke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Passenger Numbers Prompt Anomaly
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 09:15:49 am »
As I understand from the manual, with Estimate Passenger Numbers unchecked I would get the number prompt (and certainly used to be in the past).

Yes, that's how's supposed to work, and it surely works, unless you turned off the Message text options in the Options->General->Information of the sim, which will disable the text bar which is required for the input prompts to work.

In addition to that, changing those GSX settings require a "Restart Couatl" from the menu.

Other related anomalies are that during the delay I am unable to pan my Spot view around in the usual manner by holding the space bar down. Once boarding starts I can move the camera again normally.

This cannot possibly have anything to do with GSX, and it doesn't happen here.  However, be sure you turned Off the "Enable Advanced Mouse Controls" option in the Sim settings->Other Controls, because it has a weird effect on Space+mouse.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 10:13:21 am by virtuali »

simmerluke

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 05:03:21 am »
Thanks Umberto

That seems to have done the trick! Have tested in a number of scenarios and following the Message Text option change, I am now being asked for passenger numbers again. Also, have unticked Advanced Mouse Controls and will see how it goes.

May I ask a related question - I understand that GSX no longer asks for passenger numbers for deboarding. If I had skipped the boarding passengers stage at departure, what passenger numbers are used if I wanted to watch them deboard at the destination?

Thanks again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 10:21:48 am »
I understand that GSX no longer asks for passenger numbers for deboarding. If I had skipped the boarding passengers stage at departure, what passenger numbers are used if I wanted to watch them deboard at the destination?

More precisely, it skips the request for the number passengers on Deboarding if you used GSX on Boarding, so GSX already knows how many passengers you have, this regardless if you input their number manually, or use the "Estimate" option so, if you had Estimate disabled, if you didn't specify anything and just pressed "Enter" on the request, it would use the same figure as if the Estimate was enabled.

This behavior was clearly an improvement we added following user suggestions that always want to remove useless interaction. In this case, we assume the number of passengers on arrival won't change compared to how many departed, so it's not requested again, which would be only useful to cover fringe cases, like somebody dying or somebody being born during the flight. Sure, it can happen, but is very rare and won't grant forcing an extra question that is useless in 99% of the cases.

If you really want a chance to indicate the passenger arriving after you already used GSX on departure, the easiest thing to do is to "RESTART COUATL" anytime before the arrival, so the number used on departure will be reset.