FS9 support > Los Angeles support FS9

Failure to register and sequent buffer overrun error **SOLVED**

(1/7) > >>

TheRedBadger:
I'm not sure what happened between now and months ago when I last used LAX. I flew into Burbank and I received a "trial period for LAX has started" message overhead, which was odd because I had already registered and installed the scenery.

Of course to my dismay I found out it was now de-registered for whatever reason, so I went to "register it" up top, which did nothing.

I restarted the simulator, loaded up LAX, same message, same tiral period ending.

I uninstalled LAX from FS9 which, for some reason also removed all the other FSDT products (even though I hadn't explicitly requested those be uninstalled. I did keep the addon manager when it asks me). Out of rage I re-entered the key twice in the same dialog window, hit enter, and then the simulator gave me a "buffer overrun" error, about the fs9 state being corrupted, and now I can't even use the simulator anymore, even after uninstalled LAX from the scenery..

First question is why I had experienced the initial trouble, second is how do I get myself out of this now even bigger problem without having to reinstall all of fs9 again.

EDIT: I have reinstalled the simulator (thankfully keeping addons this time). What would be the best way to reinstall all the FSDT sceneries? I recall hearing something about a different installer.

virtuali:
About FS9, the only thing you need to do, is to install all the sceneries, and then, as the LAST thing you do, install the updated Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9.

The last step is required, otherwise there's no way to reactivate, because existing installers for FS9 still contains the old version that worked on Esellerate, which closed in 2019, the updated Addon Manager works with the new licensing system from QLM/Soraco. Just be sure you install it after all sceneries.

TheRedBadger:

--- Quote from: virtuali on April 06, 2022, 01:05:24 am ---About FS9, the only thing you need to do, is to install all the sceneries, and then, as the LAST thing you do, install the updated Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9.

The last step is required, otherwise there's no way to reactivate, because existing installers for FS9 still contains the old version that worked on Esellerate, which closed in 2019, the updated Addon Manager works with the new licensing system from QLM/Soraco. Just be sure you install it after all sceneries.

--- End quote ---

Huh, that explains that. I suppose then the only solution would be a complete reinstall without the addon manager.

If I understand correctly, the addon manager is actually pretty old? I only see a 2007 program for it.

So I should "activate" the sceneries with the addon manager instead of through the normal way?

What if I choose to install a new FSDT scenery, hypothetically, and I already have the addon manager? Does something break or is it not allowed to install?

EDIT: oh I see its on the FSDT website by "fs2004".

virtuali:

--- Quote from: TheRedBadger on April 06, 2022, 01:56:53 am ---So I should "activate" the sceneries with the addon manager instead of through the normal way?
--- End quote ---

What do you mean ? The Addon Manager has ever been the only way to activate a scenery in FS9, it's just you need the updated version.

--- Quote ---What if I choose to install a new FSDT scenery, hypothetically, and I already have the addon manager? Does something break or is it not allowed to install?
--- End quote ---

You'll have to reinstall the updated Stand-Alone Addon manager for FS9 again, after the scenery.

TheRedBadger:
Ah sorry, I meant should I register the serials for the sceneries in the simulator and then install the new addon manager (and that's it)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version