Author Topic: installation  (Read 2877 times)

ericlanz356@gmail.com

installation
« on: March 19, 2022, 11:25:17 am »
strange behaviour with my GSX 1-2 only when i am parked at a cargo position i can get visuell passengers boarding , at any Stand with or without Airbridge no Passengers visible ? Also when passengers arriving the Bus is a small people carrier instead of an Airport Bus? I have several time updated the installation?

bcm652

Re: installation
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 06:56:17 pm »
I have asked the same question. For example, landing a smaller aircraft like a King Air 350 at a larger airport, and ground control directs you to a gate in the airport, you get a message about not seeing any passengers when deboarding takes place. Yet at a smaller airport, passengers can be seen deboarding into a bus. So, my question is, if passengers can be seen deboarding into a bus, why can't they be seen deboarding into an airport terminal.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 10:31:38 pm »
It's not possible to reply to these questions without knowing anything about the airport, for example it it does have jetways, and how they are made. GSX passengers on gate with jetways can ONLY be seen if:

- The airport has a GSX/SODE jetway replaced by GSX automatically (this only happens on default airports), of that you added yourself, after excluding the 3rd party jetways the scenery came with, and re-added GSX/SODE jetways.

OR

- The airport comes with its own SODE jetways, which are supplied with the scenery.

The GSX menu shows both with a /JS ident, so it's not as if you don't know if they are there. Of course, in addition to be SODE jetways, they must be docked as well, only then you'll be able to see passengers on jetways.

ericlanz356@gmail.com

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 11:27:31 am »
i still dont understand the Logic , I have downloaded the FSTD Basel Airport LFSB which provides Airbridge (SODE) yet once again no passengers visible although the Jetways are glass covered ? At EGNX the passengers are visible but are offloaded from a mini van? I think the software needs to be updated or can we get a Airport List which will provide the full program?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 07:17:30 pm »
I have downloaded the FSTD Basel Airport LFSB which provides Airbridge (SODE) yet once again no passengers visible although the Jetways are glass covered ?

Passengers are surely visible at FSDT Basel. And not just in jetways, they are even visible in the terminal interiors. But of course, your airplane must be on a parking that has jetways, and you must use them.

At EGNX the passengers are visible but are offloaded from a mini van?

It's not possible to help you with such a sparse description of the problem. Saying "At EGNX" without anything else, I must assume you are referring to the DEFAULT EGNX so, in this case, you should see the GSX standard replacement jetway, which is not transparent so, unless you changed it, you are not supposed to see much.

If, instead, you meant a 3rd party scenery, as I already explained, whether you see passengers depends on the gate selected, the kind of jetways it has (if any), and as I've said, GSX will tell you quite clearly which jetways are SODE so, there's no need to "update" anything, since GSX already tells you all the information you need to know if a certain can use jetways with passengers.

If passengers come with a minivan, it's because:

- you are parking on a gate that has no jetway, or no jetway GSX can recognize ( standard, or static ). Again, this would be obvious from the GSX menu, since it would lack the /JS.

- they are using a minivan instead of a Bus because they are less than 18 ( minimum for the Bus ), please read the manual about how GSX estimates the passenger number and how it's related to the airplane payload and how you can override the setting, if you want.

bcm652

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 10:29:59 pm »
While we're at it, can someone please give me a simplified path to get to these variables. I have tried everything in FSDT config and xml with no luck.
L:FSDT_GSX_PILOTS_NOT_DEBOARDING
L:FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_DEBOARDING
L:FSDT_GSX_PILOTS_NOT_BOARDING
L:FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_BOARDING

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 09:53:53 am »
While we're at it, can someone please give me a simplified path to get to these variables. I have tried everything in FSDT config and xml with no luck.

Those variables must be set with from an airplane Gauge or, alternatively, a LUA Script with FSUIPC, or a LINDA script.

ericlanz356@gmail.com

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2022, 12:31:45 pm »
thanks for your explanation , however you mentioned the amount of passengers with mini van boarding is not correct as i have 50 passenger boarding and they still arrive in a minivan , by the way all my add-ons are either ORBX or scenery2000UK no default airports used.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 01:15:01 pm »
however you mentioned the amount of passengers with mini van boarding is not correct as i have 50 passenger boarding and they still arrive in a minivan

Please clarify what do you mean with "I have 50 passenger boarding."

The simulator itself doesn't have the concept of "number of passengers" so, if a 3rd party airplane has its own external loader ( you haven't even said which airplane you are using ), so "number of passenger" means a number you read in the airplane utility or an airplane gauge or an airplane panel configuration, it doesn't have ANY direct connection to GSX number of passengers UNLESS the airplane itself is specifically supporting GSX AND it's communicating the number of passengers to GSX. Because, again, "number of passengers" it's not something the simulator handles, it's usually an internal variable used by airplanes, which GSX can't read UNLESS the airplane will send to it.

So, normally, GSX tries to ESTIMATE the number of passengers, depending on the payload, by dividing the total payload by 220 lbs, which is some industry average of how much a passenger + luggage weight on average. This means, your must set your payload, by any means you have, BEFORE calling GSX, otherwise it won't be able to estimate the correct number.

And, this can be set in the GSX settings, you can disable or enable the Estimate based on Payload, and if you disable it, GSX will ASK you own many passengers you have.

Here, I'm only repeating all information that is indicated on the manual, from your question it doesn't seem you ever read it.

Assuming that your "I have 50 passenger boarding.", instead of from the airplane point of view, it means "I have 50 passengers boarding in GSX", meaning you SAW GSX saying you have 50 passengers, a possible reason why you seem them in a minivan is that you are using an unsupported airplane, you haven't made any configuration for it, so GSX cannot even create stairs, so you won't see any passenger or a proper bus, regardless of their number.

by the way all my add-ons are either ORBX or scenery2000UK no default airports used.

And again, it's not possible to help you with such sparse description of your configuration. You haven't said:

- the airplane you are using. Depending if it's already supported by GSX or not, this changes everything. If it's not, you must first create an airplane configuration for it.

- Which kind of jetways those scenery use. As I tried to explain, several times by now, this changes your ability to see passengers.

- Which parking spot you used. If it has jetways or not. Fact you see passengers in a minivan ( regardless of the type ), indicates the gate you used doesn't have jetways OR it has jetways GSX cannot detect. And again, it's not difficult to recognize that: GSX will flag USABLE jetways with a /JS.

bcm652

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2022, 02:30:16 pm »
Those variables must be set with from an airplane Gauge or, alternatively, a LUA Script with FSUIPC, or a LINDA script.

Can this be made easier. For example, with a default FSX, King Air 350, boarding 5 passengers, will load 2 pilots, 4 flight attendances and then 5 passengers. Deboarding is the same situation. Can an option be added to GSX to eliminate the flight crew from deboarding.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2022, 03:47:36 pm »
Can this be made easier. For example, with a default FSX, King Air 350, boarding 5 passengers, will load 2 pilots, 4 flight attendances and then 5 passengers. Deboarding is the same situation. Can an option be added to GSX to eliminate the flight crew from deboarding.

This has been discussed and answered so many times. We added this option because airplane developers asked for it, so we made it like that, it's not supposed to be user-controlled, because you could contradict what the airplane is trying to do, for example the airplane code decide to board pilots, you decide not to.

We'll keep it in mind for future version, with some kind of interface to control that.

bcm652

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2022, 04:57:09 pm »
That sounds like a great idea, it would make turn around flights for commuter aircraft more realistic. I use the King Air, Lear Jet, Baron and a Cessna Caravan. The shorter trips and different commuter aircraft offer more variety.

ericlanz356@gmail.com

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2022, 11:55:38 am »
I am reading your comments not informing you of more details? Here again I am using FSTD scenery, ORBX scenery,air2000 scenery , windows 10 , and the NEO Airbus A320 from ORBX , the passengers selected via CDU provided , so for instance if I load 30 Passenger the one time I managed to see actual body's they deborded a minibus with that exact Number, also I had never seen any crew member arriving at any of the airports downloaded?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2022, 01:15:25 pm »
I am using FSTD scenery, ORBX scenery,air2000 scenery

As I already tried to explain to you, several times by now, you can't just provide such sparse description, even "FSDT" is not saying anything, because we did many sceneries, most of them use SODE jetways, but surely not on EVERY parking position and, "OrbX scenery" is even more generic, considering how many scenery they have, ranging from small GA airfield to larger airports.

Even inside the same airport, it's a huge difference if you are parked on a gate with a jetway, or a gate without one. Which can also be a gate with a fake or static jetway, which as far as GSX is concerned, is as if the jetway didn't exist.

You must try to be more accurate. Which airport, exactly ? Which gate, exactly ? Obviously, if you could make a sample on an FSDT airport it would be better, since I cannot possibly say which gate has which services on other developers airports.

the NEO Airbus A320 from ORBX

That's an unsupported airplane so, before you can use it for GSX, you must configure it with the included airplane configuration editor. This, assuming the airplane doesn't come with its own GSX profile, which I cannot possibly say.

the passengers selected via CDU provided , so for instance if I load 30 Passenger the one time I managed to see actual body's they deborded a minibus with that exact Number, also I had never seen any crew member arriving at any of the airports downloaded?

Again, not possible to help you without knowing more about the airport. Fact you see a bus ( we'll argue about its size later one ), seems to indicate you parked on an apron. Is this the case ? If no, then we can stop here ( and discuss about the bus size later ), because if you see a jetway, you shouldn't see a bus.