Author Topic: LIVE UPDATE ERROR **SOLVED**  (Read 2993 times)

Pit

LIVE UPDATE ERROR **SOLVED**
« on: March 17, 2022, 10:25:38 am »
Hello Umberto,

I get since yesterday an error when updating my MSFS2020 Sceneries using the Live Installer as shown inthe Pic below. I add below also the error log ZIP for your information.
If I click on "weiter",(go further anyway) the  Live Installer freeze on and and can only be finished with the  the Task Manager option.

Best Regards, Pit.

WIN 10 Home 64 Bit 21H2 (19044.1586), all updates done, i5-8600K, 16GB RAM, FSDT Basel and Zürich for MSFS installed and active.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 10:54:30 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LIVE UPDATE ERROR
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 10:54:24 am »
I get since yesterday an error when updating my MSFS2020 Sceneries using the Live Installer as shown inthe Pic below. I add below also the error log ZIP for your information.  If I click on "weiter",(go further anyway) the  Live Installer freeze on and and can only be finished with the  the Task Manager option.

Already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26166.msg171521.html#msg171521

The new scenery needs a new file, which is normally downloaded by the updater automatically when it starts but, for if for some reason it can't ( firewall or antivirus most likely ), it will give that error. We'll try to make a further check to prevent the error but, it will be surely fixed if you redownload the Universal Installer, since the updated installer contains all files required, so it won't suffer from being blocked of downloading them on start, which is what normally does.

OmniAtlas

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 06:47:18 am »
I've redownloaded the installer and reinstalled - I still get the same message.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 11:23:31 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 11:24:27 am »
I've redownloaded the installer and reinstalled - I still get the same message.

Do you have this file ?

c:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\LFNC Mount Dauphin Saint Crepin for MSFS 1.0.lw.xml

OmniAtlas

Re: LIVE UPDATE ERROR **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 01:06:17 pm »
I have it installed in Z:\MSFS\Addon Manager

Even if I delete that file it still crashes when I try and update my MSFS Zurich.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2022, 01:19:17 pm »
Even if I delete that file it still crashes when I try and update my MSFS Zurich.

It gives the error because you deleted it. I asked if you have it, because it's required and it crashes if it's not there.

Do you have P3D installed as well ? If yes, are the P3D products displayed or hidden ?

OmniAtlas

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 02:06:37 pm »
P3D files are hidden.

I opened your program today and looks like there was an update to your installer.

It doesn't crash automatically now when I click update on Zurich, but after about 90% (I think) I get the crash.