Author Topic: GSX will not activate.  (Read 2547 times)

Scoofy

GSX will not activate.
« on: March 08, 2022, 09:31:41 am »
Hello,

yesterday I purchased GSX and the activation worked as expected. Skip forward a day until day and I loaded up the sim. GSX still worked fine. However, I had to restart my simulator. So I restarted it, and GSX is now in trial mode... According to the FSDT Universal Installer GSX is activated. However if I go to the addon manager menu its in trial mode. Tried deactivating it in the Universal Installer and then activating it agian, aswell  as updating GSX but it did not fix the issue. Tried activating it via the ingame addon manager aswell but it didnt work there either. 
I hope you will be able to help me with this matter.

Regards.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 10:11:43 am by Scoofy »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX will not activate.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 02:55:11 pm »
Is GSX working in Trial mode ?

Scoofy

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 03:41:29 pm »
I don’t have any FSDT airports, which airports will the trial mode work with for me to try and see if it works?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 04:03:35 pm »
I don’t have any FSDT airports, which airports will the trial mode work with for me to try and see if it works?
Manual seems to indicate LIML, KSFO from FlightBeam, and EDDM default or Aerosoft.
Captain Kevin

Scoofy

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2022, 07:19:48 pm »

Hello yes, the trial mode is indeed working.

Manual seems to indicate LIML, KSFO from FlightBeam, and EDDM default or Aerosoft.

Cheers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2022, 09:52:47 pm »

If GSX works, it means all the software works and, if both the Addon Manager and the Universal Installer are saying GSX is active, then it's active, and it's not possible it would be in Trial.

The only possible explanation is that must have mixed up GSX with GSX Level 2, maybe that's one is activated, while the base GSX is not ? Each one has its own separate activation with its own key, and one won't activate the other.

Scoofy

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2022, 09:57:42 pm »

If GSX works, it means all the software works and, if both the Addon Manager and the Universal Installer are saying GSX is active, then it's active, and it's not possible it would be in Trial.

The only possible explanation is that must have mixed up GSX with GSX Level 2, maybe that's one is activated, while the base GSX is not ? Each one has its own separate activation with its own key, and one won't activate the other.

Well. In the Universal Installer it says GSX is ”ACTIVE” but in the addon manager menu within P3D it says ”In Trial Mode”. And no. The GSX and Level 2 activations have not been mixed up

Regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2022, 11:19:06 pm »
Well. In the Universal Installer it says GSX is ”ACTIVE” but in the addon manager menu within P3D it says ”In Trial Mode”. And no. The GSX and Level 2 activations have not been mixed up

The only possible reason why the Universal Installer would say "Active" and the Addon Manager would say "In Trial", is the Couatl program not starting, and the difference is because the Addon Manager needs Couatl to know if a product is active, while the Universal Installer can check it directly by itself.

But of course, if Couatl didn't start, GSX won't start either, not even in Trial, and that's precisely why I asked if GSX *worked* in Trial, to be sure if the software started.

I'm sorry but, there's just no way you could possibly have GSX working in Trial, and at the same time the Addon Manager and the Universal Installer DISAGREE on its activation, not in the same session for sure.

The usual suggestions:

- Be sure you added the WHOLE Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.

- Run the FSDT Live Update again

- If that doesn't work, try again after a Windows restart.