Author Topic: FSDT live update not working  (Read 2909 times)

Glen C

FSDT live update not working
« on: March 05, 2022, 01:18:19 am »
First thing when i do a live update it has 1 of 35 to run it runs about 15 seconds then quits. Then it comes up with this message that says --- Delete file followed by the file location vcredist_x86.exefailed There is no such file.  All so in the customize airport positions parking system   nothing works. Every thing was fine till i did an update on the first 01 of March. From whet i have read it looks like your very good at what you do. good luck an thanks Glen 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT live update not working
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 03:14:15 pm »
Then it comes up with this message that says --- Delete file followed by the file location vcredist_x86.exefailed There is no such file. 

With "here is no such file", you mean you checked that folder and there's no file there ?

The file is supposed to be there, but only while the VC++ runtime is being installed, at the end of the install will be deleted, which is of course normal, since we don't left garbage in your temp folder. The only possible explanation for that error is something ELSE must have removed the file WHILE our installer was waiting for its installation to complete. Something like this seem to be caused by the antivirus, that mistakenly flagged an official MS .exe as a threat ( antivirus might be suspicious of an .exe in the temp folder ).

Try to run the update again with the antivirus disabled.

If that doesn't work, try after a Windows restart. Also, it's not very clear from your screenshot but, which OS are you using, exactly ?

Glen C

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 08:56:54 pm »
First i am running Windows 7 and using steam. yes i did run the up date with no antivirus or fire wall. I did run the live update again with fire wall off. i did not get that delete file message. the live update went so fast maybe 10 seconds an then disappeared. It did not tell me if i am up to date or not.  In the customize airports parking system nothing in there works at all at any airport. I use the AGN Ground stand  PS this all happened after i did the up date on March 1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 04:11:18 pm »
First i am running Windows 7

Ok, that's explains it: Windows 7 is no longer supported, but we said this 2 years ago.

The software, by sheer luck, continued to work so far, but something like a recent update from Microsoft must have broken compatibility with Windows 7, resulting in newly compiled products not running correctly anymore, see this thread here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26008.0.html

That thread is about P3D4, are you using P3D too ?

Glen C

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 07:05:45 pm »
no i am not running P3D just steam FSX. So your saying i need to go from W7 to W11.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 07:55:42 pm »
I suppose if you wish to use Windows 11, go for it, but 10 also works.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2022, 08:40:13 pm »
no i am not running P3D just steam FSX. So your saying i need to go from W7 to W11.

Well, deciding between 10 or 11 should be mainly your choice, I'd personally say with 10 for a while, since it will take many years before it will go out of support, but I don't think you'll have issues with either.

Glen C

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 08:24:21 pm »
After talking with my friend he has the same problem i have. nothing in the parking system works after the last update. He is running windows 10 and i am running windows 7. I don't think the problem is in windows 7. And yes virtuali and Captain Kevin i will be going to 10 after watching YouTube on 11. Thanks for all your help

bcm652

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2022, 10:10:10 pm »
Windows used to offer a free update to win 10 from win 7, that might still be in effect. Just remember to backup your hard drive before you update your operating system. A clean install will delete all your data.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 10:14:32 pm by bcm652 »