Author Topic: GSX - new walkways two entrances  (Read 1483 times)

Sirsimon

GSX - new walkways two entrances
« on: February 27, 2022, 08:47:15 pm »
I managed to get one of the walkways to the front aircraft door, what's the trick to extend the walkway to the rear aircraft door when boarding, as per attached?

Cannot seem to include the additional walkway.

Thank you

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
Re: GSX - new walkways two entrances
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 12:48:35 am »
I believe you have the ability to set one walkway, which to me, is not a great limitation.
Passengers will always walk around the wingtip or the cones to the rear entrance.

In the case you pictured, I would stop the walkway at the end of the painted walkway on the ground.
Passengers will find their way to both entrances in an orderly manner.

By the way. In the example you showed, It would be best to get the first point inside the building so that passengers are generated out of sight. Then, one point outside the building, and they can come down the ramp and around the corner with extra points.

I'm having a great time updating all of my Orbx P3d Australian airports.

A fantastic update.

Aussie
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 12:58:55 am by Aussie123 »
Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - new walkways two entrances
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 08:04:32 am »
Cannot seem to include the additional walkway.

You can't do that, that would require the ability to create branches and merge waypoint on one branch, which is not how the waypoint editor is designed for, and even if the editor could do that, merging to lines into one at the choke point would be fairly complex to do, so we kept it simple.

In addition to that, we assumed some 3rd party planes might want to come up with their own custom equipment, so having the rear part of the airplane always free could be a bonus.