Author Topic: GSX passenger walk in.  (Read 3684 times)

jem

GSX passenger walk in.
« on: February 22, 2022, 12:59:44 am »
How do I delete waypoints that are already set for a passenger walk in path? I set a path, but I want to delete it, and start a new path at a gate.
Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX passenger walk in.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 03:10:55 am »
Edit the path, select the last waypoint and press F5 until all waypoints are removed and only the Gate Pax remains, move it ( if you need to move it ) and start adding waypoints with F6

jimr

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 12:01:03 pm »
I was looking for same info. I get it to work fine pressing F5 to delete then redesigning the walkway whilst in same edit mode but if i have completed the walkway and saved it how do i delete to start again? I have been going into C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX and deleting the config file and starting again. Is there another way?
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 07:41:57 pm »
I was looking for same info. I get it to work fine pressing F5 to delete then redesigning the walkway whilst in same edit mode but if i have completed the walkway and saved it how do i delete to start again?

Was my last explanation not clear enough ?

What do you mean with "start again" ? Start in the same situation as when you first enable the passenger waypoints ? If yes, my reply explained exactly that:

What's your situation when you start, before adding any waypoints ? You see only one thing, the Pax Gate, which you are supposed to move to the terminal door, and then start adding waypoints.

So, by following my previous instructions, if you remove all the existing waypoints with F5, you will end up again in the same initial situation, with only the Pax Gate objects, which is now already on the terminal door but, of course, you can just move it and then add waypoints, move them, etc. No difference.

SN737

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 07:55:33 pm »
Umberto, would you mind telling me what F5 does in p3d key assignments by default, I deleted it and no longer can make the delete waypoints to work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 08:25:31 pm »

SN737

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2022, 10:03:25 pm »
thanks

jimr

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2022, 01:04:23 pm »
Sorry wasnt clear on my question of 23Feb. I have created a walk in and it works fine.
I wanted to amend it so went back to the same parking stand, opened the editor and it shows the pax gate marker in the default position with the waypoints in the previously saved positions. I can move the gate marker but cannot move the waypoints. F5 and F6 dont remove the waypoints so that i can start again.
My solution was to delete the config file.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2022, 03:06:15 pm »
F5 and F6 dont remove the waypoints so that i can start again.
My solution was to delete the config file.

As explained in the linked threads, if you changed the default key assignment, and now nothing is associated to those events, they keys won't work. So, again, check the thread I linked and see if it applies to you.