Author Topic: No Pushback  (Read 2099 times)

John Khan

No Pushback
« on: February 24, 2022, 12:53:40 am »
Using P3D V5.3

I think I am fully updated but since the last one I can not get a Pushback anywhere. I xan't see anything in the settings except the "Always ask for Pushback"

https://i.postimg.cc/SKgbW52s/Screen-Shot-02-24-22-at-09-49-AM.png

I have tried this on and off without having it show a pushback in the sim.

Any help please?.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 09:02:01 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Pushback
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 09:05:58 am »
"Always asks for Pushback" it's only useful for those parking Spots with the Pushback preference set to None, that normally GSX wouldn't allow, because the scenery developer might have set it to None for a reason. With that option, you can ignore the settings but, unless ALL your sceneries have ALL their parkings spots set to "None", setting that option wouldn't make any difference.

BTW, you said "I can not get a Pushback anywhere": are you SURE you really tried everywhere ? Because, if by change all the different parking spots you tried were all set to "None" as their Pushback preference, then yes, that option WOULD have made a difference.

If you are sure the parking spot you tried had at least one Pushback direction enabled, then describe precisely what happens.

John Khan

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 11:08:28 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

This is happening all over the world. The last flights have been from Sydney, Los Angeles down through South America, across to London and now Dubai. At none of these places and all others I do not get the "Request Pushback...." I have been using this for years and after pushing Ctrl+F12 I got the usual pushback request window. it has worked fine.

I understand at some airports the pushback is not necessary or available. Now when I push F12, I get....

I am in Dubai and ready to go, This is what I get....

https://i.postimg.cc/GmnmMDG5/Screen-Shot-02-25-22-at-07-51-AM.png

https://i.postimg.cc/15wq5sKb/Screen-Shot-02-25-22-at-07-52-AM.png

Nothing about a pushback.

BTW. I am prked at the correct, Heavy,  gate and in the correct spot.

Maybe I should have an uninstall and reinstall of GSX??
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 08:16:50 am by virtuali »

John Khan

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 12:06:16 am »
I have also checked the FSDT update.  When I restarted everything and P3D, I still got the same thing.

https://i.postimg.cc/SNZCPkm9/Screen-Shot-02-25-22-at-08-19-AM.png

Could it have been since I updated to P3D V5.3? Maybe s reinstall is the way to go?

« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 08:17:13 am by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 06:50:57 am »
John, have you tried stretching the SimConnect window. In your screenshots, the first one shows the SimConnect window displaying options 1-4, and the second one shows the SimConnect window displaying options 6-0. I am fairly certain pushback is option 5, which happens to be between 4 and 6.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022, 08:19:06 am »
This is happening all over the world.

Nothing it's happening, and GSX is working perfectly. You simply have the menu window being stretched, so you can't see all the option, it's a known issue in P3D that seems to happen when changing airplane. The window can be resized with the mouse.

John Khan

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2022, 12:54:07 am »
Thanks again guys.

That is why I posted those pictures, to show that the "Prepare for pushback,,,,," does NOT appear as it has always before. The window is stretched as far as it goes.

I havce had to alter the wingspans at some polaces before, but now nothing I do has made the Pushback appear.

I completely uninstalled, re-downloaded the installer,  and reinstalled GSX and completed any updates.

When I started the same flight from Dubai, the same aircraft and gate, it di the same thing. No "Prepare for Pushback....." appeared.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 12:56:40 am by John Khan »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2022, 02:12:03 am »
John, with the GSX window up and the options available, have you tried pressing 5 on your keyboard. I don't know why you can't stretch it any further than that, but the options don't just go from 1-4 and 6-0, skipping 5.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2022, 10:16:08 am »
That is why I posted those pictures, to show that the "Prepare for pushback,,,,," does NOT appear as it has always before. The window is stretched as far as it goes.

Sorry, but that's not possible, the window can surely be stretched further, because that "Pushback and Departure" menu entry will ALWAYS be there, regardless if Pushback is available or not for any reason related to GSX, parking spots, settings, etc.

I completely uninstalled, re-downloaded the installer,  and reinstalled GSX and completed any updates.

That's normal, since the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it's to be expected it won't be fixed by reinstalling it. As explained so many times on the forum, what you are seeing there it's NOT the "GSX menu", it's the "SIMCONNECT menu", and the naming is important, because it points out the way it works:

- It's a menu that is shared between all add-ons.

- No add-on has ANY control over its location, size or appearance, those are handled completely by the simulator with no way to add-on to control it.

- It has been observed that, when loading some airplanes, the menu shrinks by itself, but it's usually enough to resize it. Try doing it in both full screen more and/or windowed mode, sometimes the mouse is not registered correctly in either mode, but switching mode might make the mouse working back again and yes, this is ANOTHER simulator bug we can't do anything about it.

If that still doesn't fix it, you can try revert the menu from Html to Scaleform, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24661.msg163780.html#msg163780

John Khan

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2022, 12:42:34 am »
Thanks again.

I started another flight this morning. This time with an FSLabs A320 from Singapore. I also went through the whole ATSU thing and everything worked perfectly.

I also got the Pushback request and that worked perfectly aswell. (Too dark to take pictures, just this one...

Thanks for all the help. I will try again on the next flight and see how it goes.

Cheers.