Author Topic: GSX VDGS and CaptainSim L-1011  (Read 1665 times)

CS-TMT

GSX VDGS and CaptainSim L-1011
« on: February 15, 2022, 10:47:53 pm »
Good evening!
I am having an issue with VDGS and the above mentioned addon on P3Dv4.5 HF3. Sometimes the VDGS doesn't work at all (MK Studios LPPT stand 425 for example), most other times it starts working when I approach the stand, but at a certain distance from being correctly positioned the following message appears: "WAIT-STOP-ID-FAIL" (MKS LPPT stand 144 for example). All these addons have not been customised by me and are using the built in GSX settings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX VDGS and CaptainSim L-1011
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 11:02:40 pm »
All these addons have not been customised by me and are using the built in GSX settings.

That's the issue, without any customization, GSX will place the center of mass of the airplane in the center of the parking spot, just like the sim would have if you were an AI. This because by default, it's the only information GSX has on a parking.

Note that, this is exactly the same if you use a Marshaller or a VGDS, the distance/deviation calculation are exactly the same.

To make a proper customization, you should change the GSX STOP position ( which is a GSX-only data the sim doesn't provide ), in a way that is more correct for that airplane compared to the rather generic center of the parking.

I suggest reading Page 43 of the GSX manual, the chapter named "Understanding the Stop position", which explains in more detail how it works, and the relationship with the airplane exits.

CS-TMT

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 04:00:14 am »
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll try that! I just thought the CS L-1011 was now fully compatible with a built in profile on GSX 😅

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 10:20:00 am »
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll try that! I just thought the CS L-1011 was now fully compatible with a built in profile on GSX

I don't think you understood my explanation. If you checked the manual about the Stop Position, you would have known it's something that is related to airport customization, not the Airplane and, ideally, should be done parking-by-parking.

Sure, in order to use GSX correctly, you first need a proper airplane profile, that's the first requirement but to get good results with Marshallers/VGDS, you will probably need to customize the parking spots of the scenery as well.

CS-TMT

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 12:09:41 am »
I understood it now, thanks! But if that is true, why does it work with other aircraft (AS 320 and A330, QW 787, PMDG 777, not to mention FSL A320) and not with the CS L-1011?
Anyway it's clearer now, but I don't understand why it works without personal customisation with some aircraft but not with others.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 12:25:55 am »
As I've said, having a proper GSX profile for the airplane is the first requirement to do anything meaningful with GSX. If you don't do any customization, GSX will take data from Simconnect, which is not precise as the one one might create manually with the GSX editor.

The Stop position is just a further refinement to customize the scenery perfectly, and might or might not be important depending the scenery underlying AFCAD is made but, the most important thing is the airplane customization first, if that's not done, you'll have issues everywhere in GSX.