Author Topic: Bad parking dpots **SOLVED**  (Read 1122 times)

Alabamaboy

Bad parking dpots **SOLVED**
« on: February 19, 2022, 06:38:52 pm »
When I park at a medium or heavy gate in my qw787 is say parking is too small I didn’t have this problem up to this newer update any suggestions
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 10:19:49 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bad parking dpots
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 10:19:34 pm »
How you could possibly say you never had this "problem" ( it's not even a "problem" ) "until this update", when it's since GSX came out that it has ALWAYS been like ?

GSX Manual, Page 38, the chapter named "Max Allowed Wingspan":

This option allows to override the parking radius in the scenery AFCAD, used to verify if a parking is too small to fit a certain parking. Sometimes, it’s possible that a scenery has actual space available around a parking spot, but the scenery designer has specified a smaller radius for that parking spot in the AFCAD, maybe for AI flow reasons, or to fix problems with default ground vehicles, or simply because of an oversight

So no, it's not a GSX "problem", it might be a scenery problem that GSX can HELP you fix with that option, which has been available in years, and nothing changed with this update.

And, a while ago, since users don't read the manual, and assume GSX has a problem with it saying a parking it's too small ( it IS too small, according to its own AFCAD!! ),  or for those that don't want to customize sceneries, we even added a global option in the GSX Settings, aptly named:

Ignore wingspan when parking

With a tooltip help saying:

"Allow the user to park at "too small" gates.