Author Topic: Crew van wrong path  (Read 1230 times)

alleusai

Crew van wrong path
« on: February 15, 2022, 04:24:40 pm »
Hi!
First of all, congratulations on the great work FSDT have done with the latest update.
I am using the latest version of GSX and have noticed that the crew van is following an incorrect track (red line in the attachment) going through the airplane. The passengers van instead follows the correct track (green line in the attachment) as in AFCAD file.
Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Thank in advance,
Alessandro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Crew van wrong path
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 04:43:03 pm »
It's likely a problem with the AFCAD, like missing/overlapping/orphaned nodes, difficult to say without checking it. I guess it's happening on that airport only ?

alleusai

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 05:00:23 pm »
Hi Umberto, thanks for your quick reply.
I usually don't use external view so much as I can't say it's happening on that airport only. I realized this while doing some customizations for walking passengers. But crew van and passenger buses don't follow the same path?
May I send you the afcad file for some checks?
Thanks,
Alessandro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 05:06:26 pm »
But crew van and passenger buses don't follow the same path?

Not at all, they only use the AFCAD path lines, trying to give precedence to Vehicle paths, if they exists. Unfortunately, many airports, even commercial ones, have AFCADs made very badly, with no regards to Ground Services.

If you know how to use ADE, try the "Fault Finder" too, and see what it reports about that AFCAD.

alleusai

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 05:11:56 pm »
Ok, will do and report any issues.
Thanks,
Alessandro