Author Topic: Rear stairs Issue **SOLVED**  (Read 3262 times)

Blaws54

Rear stairs Issue **SOLVED**
« on: February 15, 2022, 06:36:07 am »
Hello Umberto.

I have recently done my first flight in the QualityWings 787-8 in a long while. As my chosen operator of the 787 often uses stairs to the L2 door in some ports, I have configured my GSX accordingly. I have encountered this issue seen below where the stairs do not extend however the passengers appear to walk up the stairs as usual. I am unsure if this persists with other models of the 787

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Boz

https://imgur.com/a/ebJMiVK
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 08:35:13 pm by virtuali »

arpal

Re: Rear stairs Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 08:06:58 am »
Hello guys.  The new update is amazing.  The only problem is that in any gate that i deselect the passenger bus, the rear stairs go into place but not raise, and then the rear passengers walk it up and then continue through the air to enter the rear door.  If i choose to select passenger bus again, the problem ceases to exist
Any thoughts?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 09:09:40 am »
Be sure you have the latest update, because the stairs not raising was a problem of the initial release, which is fixed now.

Blaws54

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 09:36:31 am »
Hello Umberto, I have just installed the latest update, the issue still persists. As shown below.

As I see the title of my post has been modified, I must outline that this issue is only persistent on the QualityWings 787-8 (maybe other variants). My stairs work perfectly fine on other aircraft
https://imgur.com/a/S8jr5Xn

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 10:13:46 am »
As I see the title of my post has been modified, I must outline that this issue is only persistent on the QualityWings 787-8 (maybe other variants). My stairs work perfectly fine on other aircraft

I just merged your post in a similar post discussing the issue of stairs not raising, it wasn't entirely clear from your first post it only happened with QW787, but not other planes.

You said you configured the airplane to use L2, which means you disabled L1 ? If you do that, you must also set L2 as the "Preferred Exit", by clicking on the small star icon in the airplane config dialog. I just tried it editing the default config for the QW787-8 doing these steps:

- I set L1 to be "No Door at this position"

- I left L2 as it were, just making it the "Preferred Exit"

Both stairs ( L2 and L4 ) raise normally.

Blaws54

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 10:54:55 am »
Hello Umberto, I have had another play around. Using your suggestion still had no result while using L2 stairs only.

With all doors activated, the stairs raise as normal
With L4 disabled and L2 selected as the 'preferred exit'. The L1 stairs extend normally and the L2 stairs do not extend
With L1 disabled and L2 selected as the 'preferred exit'. L2 and L4 stairs do not extend

It seems something goes wrong with the customisation process.

Is there anything further you could suggest?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 11:54:29 am »
Are you using normal Boarding/Deboarding, or you use Operate Stairs ?

Blaws54

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2022, 12:01:51 pm »
I have used all 3 options on all occasions

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2022, 08:35:09 pm »
We believe to have found the problem, run the FSDT Update now to get it.

CS-TMT

Re: Rear stairs Issue **SOLVED**
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2022, 10:15:38 pm »
It happened to me for the first time two days ago with the L-1011 from CaptainSim. I didn't get too surprised, because I had just completed an 8h flight from KLAX to LPLA and was boarding to the second and final leg to LPPT without closing P3D or restarting Windows, so I thought it could be some occasional computer sickness. After that I didn't fly anymore. On deboarding at LPPT all was normal.
Anyway, I just updated FSDT today.
I'm having other issues with the CS L-1011 and GSX, but nothing related to this topic so I won't say it here.

Blaws54

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2022, 11:01:03 pm »
Thank you Umberto, I will install the update in a few hours and get back to you :)

Blaws54

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2022, 06:28:16 am »
Hello Umberto, I have just run the liveupdater and tried the 787 once again. The issue still persists

tcas_test

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2022, 08:44:55 am »
Hi Umberto,
Issue still persists on the latest version.
https://imgur.com/a/Sdw8eqd
Stirlo.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2022, 10:59:47 am »
Issue still persists on the latest version.

I can't reproduce it.

Have you noticed if the updated downloaded the passengerstair.pye file ? Please indicate the precise, exact, sequence of operation you are doing to trigger the problem.

Blaws54

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2022, 11:16:08 am »
Hey Umberto, the 'passengerstair.pye' file has been updated on the 15th Feb UTC. My sequence to get this problem is as is:

From a clean QW787-8 profile (your version may even help fix this issue).
1 - L4 door turned to 'No door at this position'
2 - L1 door turned to 'No door at this position'
3- L2 is made the preferred exit

I then trial all 3 options of Deboarding, boarding and operate stairs. The issue is still present after this customisation.