Author Topic: Control + F12 no long brings up menu  (Read 3443 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Control + F12 no long brings up menu
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2022, 11:11:53 am »
Ok, I got the menu to show up by using the method of selecting it thru the task bar at the top. I don't think it's my keyboard, but it does work. Thanks for the feedback though.

If you can call GSX through the "GSX->Addons" menu, but not from the keyboard, it's not a problem with the keyboard, and of course is not a GSX problem. It's another add-on that has taken that key.

You should either change the key in that add-on ( if it allows you to do that ), or change it in GSX, from the "Key Mappings menu", and use one that it's not used by anything else.

kingnorris

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2022, 08:51:46 pm »
Ok, I got the menu to show up by using the method of selecting it thru the task bar at the top. I don't think it's my keyboard, but it does work. Thanks for the feedback though.

If you can call GSX through the "GSX->Addons" menu, but not from the keyboard, it's not a problem with the keyboard, and of course is not a GSX problem. It's another add-on that has taken that key.

You should either change the key in that add-on ( if it allows you to do that ), or change it in GSX, from the "Key Mappings menu", and use one that it's not used by anything else.

I could try. But I haven’t put anything new Add-on wise since forever, and ctrl f12 always worked.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2022, 09:01:48 pm »
I could try. But I haven’t put anything new Add-on wise since forever, and ctrl f12 always worked.

I've replied basing on your report that GSX works normally from the menu, but not from the keyboard.

Addons do not control the keyboard directly ( at least, not proper ones, like GSX, others might do that ), they ASK the sim through Simconnect to let it use some key combination and the sim will then handle the actual keyboard handling. Which means, if any other addon has asked for the same hotkey, and it asked for exclusive use, and it asked before GSX ( depending on loading order ), the key GSX asked for won't work. If the other add-on didn't ask for exclusive use, they would both react to the same key at the same time.

That's why I'm telling you that, based on your report that GSX works from the menu, but not from the keyboard, the only possible explanation is another add-on taking that key.

kingnorris

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2022, 04:14:44 am »
Ah ok, that makes sense. I did reinstall GSX so maybe there is a conflict. Thanks for the timely responses.