Author Topic: Rear Stairs not docking to the plane **SOLVED**  (Read 2930 times)

pete_fuss

Rear Stairs not docking to the plane **SOLVED**
« on: February 13, 2022, 12:39:27 pm »
Hello Umberto,

the last update with the current passengers is great.
But I have since then a problem with the rear stairs on the PA A 320 in my home cockpit. At the first call, both stairs start to the plane, but only the front stairs go up and dock. the rear stairs stay down. now, when I let the passengers board, at the rear stairs the people still go into the plane in the air! If I drive the stairs back via the menu and back to the plane then also the rear stairs to the plane like the front. have tried this about 20 times with update and restart, but always the same, the rear stairs wants only the second time. On different airports tested and also times the position on the plane slightly changed always the same. Look please there .
nice sunday

regards Peter

« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 08:35:35 pm by virtuali »

Th3Scop3DJ

Re: Rear Stairs not docking to the plane
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 12:55:00 pm »
I have the same issue. I had some initial problems with the updates as discussed in the forum already. GSX crashed etc.
After running the updater 4 or 5 times it seems like it's working. But I have the same issues with the aft stairs. Passenger bus is disabled.

SN737

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 03:55:27 pm »
Yes, having this issue too

disco79stu

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 04:29:23 pm »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 06:40:49 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 06:44:09 pm »
The problem is likely linked to the fix that has been posted to fix the crash when stairs starts to move, which is only a temporary workaround.

This has the side effect on the animation of the rear stairs, it's only a visual issue, because you'll notice when the stairs retracts, it snaps in the correct position for a moment, which seems to indicate the real crashin problem the fix only temporary cured, is related to the communication between GSX and the sim, more likely is a timing issue, that's why the fix doesn't seem to work for everybody.

As already explained in other posts, since it doesn't seem like an obvious mistake that can be fixed like all the other fixes that has already been posted minutes or hours at most after they have been first reported, I need to wait to discuss it with the other GSX programmer (who is the *main* GSX programmer), starting tomorrow.

Th3Scop3DJ

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 07:16:31 pm »
I need to wait to discuss it with the other GSX programmer (who is the *main* GSX programmer), starting tomorrow.

Thanks for acknowledging the issue. Its good to know that you will look into it. But it's Sunday after all so no rush :)

CorbiniansBear

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 08:34:19 am »
For now, I''m very happy to disable the rear door of a few airplanes I use at the plethora of little South American airports I enjoy. It is really something to see passengers walk all the way from the exit and go up the stairs at these airports with no jetways, but parking too close the the doors for a bus. This is an EXCELLENT addition for me! I mean SKMD and SKVP for example.

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2022, 11:02:59 am »
same issue today, hope to have a quick fix, thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2022, 11:39:07 am »
same issue today, hope to have a quick fix, thanks

It doesn't seem you run the update, because this should have been fixed now. It's still not the final fix, but rear stairs do move and raise now.

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2022, 11:53:42 am »
Hello,

I have just run update it worked, but :

The rear stairs ONLY Moves if I request boarding/deboarding, it does not move if I choose "Operate Stairs" only.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2022, 12:01:01 pm »
The rear stairs ONLY Moves if I request boarding/deboarding, it does not move if I choose "Operate Stairs" only.

That's why I said it's not the final fix.

Regardless of that, I can see all stairs moving, both when Boarding/Deboarding, but also with Operate Stairs, tried with different planes, with 2 or 3 stairs.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 02:56:13 pm by virtuali »

SN737

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2022, 04:31:47 pm »
Rear stairs will not even move when you disable front and rear baggage loaders.

disco79stu

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2022, 10:51:28 am »
I also still have issues with the rear door.
With the latest update, it is not moving at all. Passengers will still actually use it but walk through the air over to the aircraft...

https://i.imgur.com/EaYh8KQ.png
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 11:59:01 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2022, 11:59:43 am »
I also still have issues with the rear door.

As I've said in my last post: that's why I said it's not the final fix. We posted a fix to stop the crashes, but there are still issue left.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Rear Stairs not docking to the plane **SOLVED**
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2022, 08:35:51 pm »
We believe to have found the problem, run the FSDT Update now to get the update files.