Author Topic: GSX crashes when updating  (Read 1144 times)

Dan1988

GSX crashes when updating
« on: February 13, 2022, 01:09:15 am »
Hello,

I’m trying to update GSX, there’s 35 updates gets to about update 10 them just disappears.
Update 10 is Geneva airport (not sure is that will help) a message does appear but closes to quick to even see what message says. (Appears for like a second)
I’ve tried running the update a couple of times, closes every time, updates windows but still the same.

Can anyone help please? :)

Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX crashes when updating
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 01:14:57 am »
I’m trying to update GSX, there’s 35 updates gets to about update 10 them just disappears.

As already explained in so many other posts asking the same thing, this is completely normal, and it's not a crash, it's a clean quit.

First, in order to see all 35 steps performed, you would need to have ALL FSDT products installed, if you have less than all products installed, less steps will be performed. This was of course exactly the same with the old updater, the only difference is now we list only major steps, so the total right now can be up to 35 steps, and before we listed up to 500+ steps, because we counted even single GSX family of vehicle update as a single step, while now we count all vehicles in a single steps ( 3 in fact, if you have both FSX and P3D installed ), but the end result it's the same, just running faster and you didn't had any extra value in reading about all 500+ separate sub-steps, which incidentally made the update slower too.

And, since at the end of the process, there's just nothing left to do, we saved you from that unnecessary extra click to close the updater, and automatically close when we are done.

Dan1988

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 01:30:23 am »
Ok cool thank you

Thought it wasn’t working as when I’m at Southampton Airport (EGHI) passenger still board by bus they don’t walk on so thought it wasn't updating.

Thanks Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 01:39:49 am »
Thought it wasn’t working as when I’m at Southampton Airport (EGHI) passenger still board by bus they don’t walk on so thought it wasn't updating.

Have you seen the presentation video ? In order to enable this feature, you must customize the airport, gate by gate, and the first step is to Disable the bus, then creating waypoint for passengers.