Author Topic: Control + F12 no long brings up menu  (Read 2924 times)

kingnorris

Control + F12 no long brings up menu
« on: February 12, 2022, 02:47:40 am »
So I just updated today, both from the installer AND the website, and now all of a sudden, CTRL F12 does nothing. No menu appears. Everything in the sim shows active, SODE DLL connection shows it's working normally, etc.

All these updates seem to fudge up the works, much like MSFS 2020....

What's going on??  >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Control + F12 no long brings up menu
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 01:03:30 pm »
With "everything in the sim shows active", you mean you DO have BOTH the Couatl menu AND the GSX menu ?

cptjaco

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 01:18:09 pm »
same issue here,after update no more gsx menu and unable to open it.
addon manager as well in the antivirus exeption

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 02:01:21 pm »
same issue here,after update no more gsx menu and unable to open it. addon manager as well in the antivirus exeption

Ok, we don't know if it's the same issue, because the OP said "Everything in the sim shows active", so I'm waiting to know if it's really the case, or perhaps he's also missing the GSX menu.

In your case, please clarify if:

- You are missing the GSX menu *ONLY*

- You are also missing the Couatl menu too

- You are missing all FSDT menus, including the Addon Manager.

cptjaco

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 02:23:24 pm »
so as soon as i load sim everything displayed and airport regenerating change appears
once finish if i ask stairs, gsx closes, gsx menu disappear, the only menu that remains and it's usable it's the addon manager menu to see all the products i have installed and active.
of course no way to restart coautl apart by restarting the sim.
i red the other topic about the new passengers systems, so i downloaded the new installer/updater program, remove the chace folder, tried to disable the barrier in the menu (ellx), but still same issue

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 02:40:26 pm »

cptjaco

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 03:11:35 pm »
last update 5 min ago, try both passenger barriers on or off no differences

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 03:34:16 pm »
last update 5 min ago, try both passenger barriers on or off no differences

I'm sorry, but before the update, I could replicate the crash, now I can't anymore.

Please indicate the precise, exact, sequence of what you are doing, because the I can only confirm that now, choosing anything that results in stairs moving ( Operate Stairs, Boarding or Deboarding ), works fine.

Also, please provide more information about the airplane used. How many stairs it has ?

And, provide more information about the parking spots. Is this happening only on a parking you customized top add passenger waypoints, or everywhere ?

cptjaco

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2022, 05:55:02 pm »
Cargo plane at Ellx stand z4, request stairs, gsx closes and disappears from menu, plus coautl close as well, only menu voice, add on manager

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 05:56:34 pm »
Cargo plane at Ellx stand z4, request stairs, gsx closes and disappears from menu, plus coautl close as well, only menu voice, add on manager

Please try the Live Update again now. I still unable to replicate it (after the update where I said it was fixed), so I'm trying some fixes in the blind.

cptjaco

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2022, 06:08:01 pm »
Nope, can be a good hint to uninstall gsx and install again? Should include all the last fix and update

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2022, 06:31:31 pm »
Nope, can be a good hint to uninstall gsx and install again? Should include all the last fix and update

Reinstalling won't make any difference, since the installer still must rely to the updater to get the latest fixes. I can only repeat and confirm I'm unable to replicate the problem.

Also, I've asked several details, but you haven't answered, so I'll repeat them again:

Please indicate the precise, exact, sequence of what you are doing, because the I can only confirm that now, choosing anything that results in stairs moving ( Operate Stairs, Boarding or Deboarding ), works fine.

Also, please provide more information about the airplane used. How many stairs it has ?

And, provide more information about the parking spots. Is this happening only on a parking you customized top add passenger waypoints, or everywhere ?

kingnorris

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2022, 03:04:41 am »
With "everything in the sim shows active", you mean you DO have BOTH the Couatl menu AND the GSX menu ?

That’s affirmative. I’m on the dinosaur Windows 7, but never had this happen before..

kingnorris

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2022, 04:23:36 am »
Ok, I got the menu to show up by using the method of selecting it thru the task bar at the top. I don't think it's my keyboard, but it does work. Thanks for the feedback though.

cptjaco

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2022, 09:44:22 am »
Look like it works, I just reboot windows, re update, start sim deactivate barrier and worked, restart sim reactivate and still working