Author Topic: Crashing Still with Latest Update  (Read 5199 times)

IMAPILOT_AGAIN_1

Crashing Still with Latest Update
« on: February 11, 2022, 11:08:35 pm »
Tried disabling pax barriers as with previous post but still getting the crash

Error Log Content below attached

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Crashing Still with Latest Update
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 11:44:50 pm »
ok, that's a specific P3D4 issue we probably haven't tested enough. Try running the FSDT Live Update again now, it should work

IMAPILOT_AGAIN_1

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 09:23:29 am »
Unfortunately, new live updater crashed to desktop

Antivirus software is off,
Windows is up to date

IMAPILOT_AGAIN_1

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 10:09:35 am »
After reinstall, coautl wont start and live updater wont start

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 10:46:31 am »
The usual:

- Be sure you configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- Run the FSDT Live Update again

Note that, at the end of the update process, the updater WILL quit to Desktop, because there's nothing left to do, this is normal and it's not a crash.

IMAPILOT_AGAIN_1

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 10:52:19 am »
Turned antivirus OFF as well as configuring folder to be fully excluded - still no improvement

There are so many iterations of faults - I literally dont know where to begin

This update really has completely messed up my GSX installation

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 11:00:41 am »
Turned antivirus OFF as well as configuring folder to be fully excluded - still no improvement

Nowhere I said to turn if off, it's useless, because an antivirus is never really turned off, because its low-level service is still active. And we already heard horror stories from user who confirmed that, even if the added the folder to the Exclusion, the antivirus ignored the exclusion, and continue to use its flawed heuristic to block the program.

Which antivirus you use ?

There are so many iterations of faults - I literally dont know where to begin

Then begin, by all means. You just can expect we'd would be able to help you understand what's wrong with your system, without a proper description of the problem.

Other things you should try are:

- Be sure you Windows is fully updated

- Try again after checking Windows update and a Windows reboot.

Are you using our new installer which has been posted before, or you just got the new updater ?

flugmatz

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 08:08:52 pm »
Same here- when I tick "disable passenger busses" couatl scripting machine crashes when I click "request boarding" afterwards. For the time being I use backup virtuali-files for the airport (I've tested it with LOWI, but couatl crashed also at other airports). Pls provide workaround or fix it.
Thanks
Matthias

Win7/FSX SP2/ Aerosoft scenery addons- all worked ok since I've updated GSX today

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2022, 12:57:30 am »
Win7/FSX SP2/ Aerosoft scenery addons- all worked ok since I've updated GSX today

That answers it.

We stopped supporting Windows 7 2 years ago, when Microsoft announced the complete end of support for Windows 7, in January 2020.

Since then, we always said that, due to this, we won't be able to guarantee compatibility with Windows 7 anymore because, every Windows update would in turn update system libraries and tools we need to support the CURRENT OS so, even if it worked for you until now, at a certain point we would release an update that won't run in Windows 7 anymore.

We also changed the system requirements for all our software listed on our website since then so, I'm afraid there's no way now to release a version that would work with Windows 7 anymore, we can't even test it, since no developer in his right mind would still use an OS which has gone completely unsupported for 2 years.

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2022, 02:08:26 pm »
Hi,

I reinstall GSX Today, however, Im unable to register as I have a black message telling me that couatl64_P3D.exe is not running.

After that, I manually run the couatl64_P3D.exe, enter the serial, click OK and nothing happens, still in trial mode.

I already excluded that exe and addon manager folder into exclusion section of Windows Defender

Cannot run fsdt live update as well, in the events observer there is :

Code: [Select]
Application : Couatl_Updater2.exe
Version du Framework : v4.0.30319
Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée.
Informations sur l'exception : System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   à Couatl_Updater2.Product.CheckLicense(Couatl_Updater2.FrmMain)
   à Couatl_Updater2.Program.Main(System.String[])

« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 02:12:36 pm by hkhoanguyen »

B777ER

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2022, 07:53:36 pm »
Log attached. Crashed after setting up walking path. Tried deboarding and crashed. Restarted sim, tried again and still crashed.

couatl v4.0 (build 4612)
panic log started on Sun Feb 13 13:50:14 2022

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\passengerStairs.py", line 248, in do
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\passengerStairs.py", line 62, in setStairsVars
SystemError: error return without exception set
{'Airport': 'TBPB', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Parking 11', 'User Pos': (13.07888479613832, -59.48755740904926, 55.9916 m, 4.48157 m, 346.00000091026413, 0.0030766925774514675, -0.0, -0.0, 4.572, 1.0)}
  File "<string>", line 22, in OnIdle
{'Airport': 'TBPB', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Parking 11', 'User Pos': (13.07888479613832, -59.48755740904926, 55.9916 m, 4.48157 m, 346.00000091026413, 0.0030766925774514675, -0.0, -0.0, 4.572, 1.0)}
Eric

flugmatz

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2022, 08:04:46 pm »
You make it a little easy on yourself, don't you? I'm pretty sure that lots of your customers use Win7 still. Its ok for the purpose. So I'm still convinced that your chief programmer will find the bug. Or you'll find a workaround, something like providing a step-back-solution. And I swear not to update from now on...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2022, 09:13:14 pm »
You make it a little easy on yourself, don't you? I'm pretty sure that lots of your customers use Win7 still. Its ok for the purpose.  So I'm still convinced that your chief programmer will find the bug. Or you'll find a workaround, something like providing a step-back-solution. And I swear not to update from now on...

You are mixing up to completely different things. This crash problem when stairs start to move is completely unrelated to Windows 7. And yes, I'm quite sure we'll found have proper fix soon enough, it's just that everything is slower during weekends.

But again, it's completely unrelated to the fact we stopped supporting Windows 7 2 years ago, when it went completely out of support from Microsoft, and this won't change, regardless how many Windows 7 users are left, it's not really something we can control.

As explained so many times when Windows 7 support is discussed, once it went out of even extended support from Microsoft ( which happened on Jan. 2020 ), it means that ANY update that Microsoft releases, which will affect the libraries and compilers we use to keep the software working on currently SUPPORTED OS, which we obviously MUST do, might break backward compatibility with Windows 7 at any time.

It's nothing we have any control over or we do intentionally.

It's nothing we can test, nobody ever used Windows 7 here in years.

It's nothing we have any means to fix.

So, if it worked for you in Windows 7 until today, then good for you, but it can stop working at any time, and we can't simply do anything about it.

And again, it's TOTALLY unrelated to this crashing problem, which doesn't have anything to do with the OS used, you might still be able to use Windows 7 after the fix, but that's not guaranteed. What's more likely to stop working, it's the new updater, which is a .NET application, so it's more dependant on OS updates than the rest of the software so, it might be possible that, even after we'll fix the crash with stairs, you might not be able to download the update, because the new updater might not work on Windows 7 anymore. But again, it's nothing we have any control over, it's nothing we do intentionally, it's nothing we can test, and if it happens, we can't fix it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 09:31:10 pm by virtuali »

B777ER

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2022, 09:32:43 pm »
I see my post got moved into here. I'm on W10 with latest updates. Just don't want my error message getting lost with this other user and W7.
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2022, 10:09:41 pm »
I see my post got moved into here. I'm on W10 with latest updates. Just don't want my error message getting lost with this other user and W7.

Sure, I merged all posts related to the same issue so, if you check other replies, you'll see we are aware of it, even if I'm not able to replicate it with the current version, but I know the fix made is not fixing the real underlying issue ( which I CAN replicate if I rollback the fix ), and to look at this, I need to discuss it with the main GSX programmer first, which will have to wait until we'll go back to normal business hours.