Author Topic: Walk in paths - different gates seem to be sharing nodes  (Read 2264 times)

airbadger

Walk in paths - different gates seem to be sharing nodes
« on: February 11, 2022, 10:26:50 pm »
I tried customizing four gates at MK's DUB with walking paths but it seems like there's a bug where one position will include nodes from others. Screenshot attached.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Walk in paths - different gates seem to be sharing nodes
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 10:30:57 pm »
We had this problem in Beta, but I was fairly sure it was fixed. It's possible you used F6/F5 to add/remove points, perhaps a bit too quickly ?

In any case, to fix it, you must Reset the affected parking spots, to remove the wrong information that has been saved in the .INI file.

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 10:48:24 pm »
We had this problem in Beta, but I was fairly sure it was fixed. It's possible you used F6/F5 to add/remove points, perhaps a bit too quickly ?

In any case, to fix it, you must Reset the affected parking spots, to remove the wrong information that has been saved in the .INI file.

I'm getting this bug by just starting the process of creating another position, not pressing F6 or F5.

https://streamable.com/p0rwgl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 11:04:23 pm »
I'm getting this bug by just starting the process of creating another position, not pressing F6 or F5.

Yes, of course you pressed F5/F6, on the previous gate. As I've said, try to reset BOTH affected gates and try again.

Also, I suggest editing to keep the highest frame rate possible, that is using a default airplane, with clear weather. If the sim is too busy handling other add-ons, it's possible it might miss commands from GSX.

airbadger

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 12:17:40 am »
Not keen on resetting all custom vehicle positions for this bug, but I guess I'll try that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 12:22:37 am »
Not keen on resetting all custom vehicle positions for this bug, but I guess I'll try that.

Well, if you are not worried about manual editing the .INI file, you can fix the problem by removing all lines that contain either of these keywords:

passengerentergatepos = xxxxx
passengerwaypoints = xxxxx

Just remove the whole line and nothing else, so it won't affect your other customizations, the select "Restart Couatl" (assuming you were doing this without closing the sim) to reload the .INI file.

Then, I would be interested to know if there's an easier way to replicate the problem.

airbadger

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 12:43:18 am »

Well, if you are not worried about manual editing the .INI file, you can fix the problem by removing all lines that contain either of these keywords:

passengerentergatepos = xxxxx
passengerwaypoints = xxxxx

Just remove the whole line and nothing else, so it won't affect your other customizations, the select "Restart Couatl" (assuming you were doing this without closing the sim) to reload the .INI file.

Then, I would be interested to know if there's an easier way to replicate the problem.

I'm finding it pretty easy to recreate this problem.

Here's a video at Orbx KBUR, clear skies default a/c, of me encountering this issue on an ini that hasn't been modified with walk-in paths:

https://streamable.com/ackuwt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 12:51:41 am »
You are going far too quickly, so I have a bit of an hard time following you.

When you go so fast, you are making everything more difficult for the editor, don't forget it's GSX is running completely external to the sim, and it's communicating with it through Simconnect, and the editor is constantly creating and destroying objects,  and it's doing this while trying to maintain communication with the sim and await the replies.

Try to go slower.

Also, I noticed you always press the Disable barriers button. Does it work better if you don't, or you do it after the parking is customized ?

airbadger

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2022, 12:59:27 am »
You are going far too quickly, so I have a bit of an hard time following you.

When you go so fast, you are making everything more difficult for the editor, don't forget it's GSX is running completely external to the sim, and it's communicating with it through Simconnect, and the editor is constantly creating and destroying objects,  and it's doing this while trying to maintain communication with the sim and await the replies.

Try to go slower.

Also, I noticed you always press the Disable barriers button. Does it work better if you don't, or you do it after the parking is customized ?

Going slower - tried, same issue
Barriers on - tried, same issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 01:11:08 am »
Ok, I can see it too, no idea what's causing it but, of course, it will be investigate and fixed.

Just Caliber

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2022, 10:19:39 am »
Very good to hear you guys are on top of it!  ;D ;D

I too have run into this issue. I spent a great amount of time configuring FlightSimStudios Vancouver. I did manage to get all the gates working after many resets. Sometimes resetting the gates didn't work. I was in the middle of doing DD Seattle and gave up because resetting the gates wasn't working anymore.

On the positive side, I am VERY excited for this new addition to GSX Level 2!! I have been waiting for something like this for a long time! Thank you <3