Author Topic: When I try to create Walk-in gates, Couatl crashes...  (Read 8612 times)

normanblackburn

Re: When I try to create Walk-in gates, Couatl crashes...
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2022, 11:24:56 pm »
You do - its listed in your screenshot :)
Norman Blackburn

normanblackburn

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2022, 11:28:01 pm »
Size 225 KB (230,669 bytes)

That's the perfect size, which makes your problem completely different than the others who got the wrong file.
Looking at the contents of the md5 it has listed a bunch of FSDT_Pax_barrier entries including FSDT_Pax_barrier/model.4m/model.cfg  38 so that side of things is good.  Just not downloading the files themselves.
Norman Blackburn

bozza72

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2022, 11:31:01 pm »
Im confused The file was GSX_Simobjects.md5  and then you said no its GSX_Simobjects_pbr.md5.
so which file is it ??

normanblackburn

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2022, 11:34:00 pm »
Correct which shows in your screenshot.  Anyway, re run live update.  It will look different now and hopefully work.
Norman Blackburn

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2022, 11:34:39 pm »
I understand the issue, so I guess it's really time to put our next-gen Installer/Updater out of Beta.

The problem was the old updater, which doesn't download a new sub-folder in the GSX Simobjects, unless it has been updated as well to know of its existence.

We have been working on a completely rewritten version, which is far more efficient, has lots of new features and it's even able to reinstall products for MSFS you might have lost the installer, fixing the Digital River annoying 30 days redownload policy.

We have been sending it for testing to MSFS users that lost their installer and contacted support to get their download since several weeks, so it finally is quite reliable now, so we'll release the final version very soon, but in the meantime you can try it now:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/update/FSDT_Universal_Installer.exe

This will work just like the old updater if you run it from the FSDT Live Update icon. However, if you run it from the "FSDT Installer icon", it will run in "INSTALLER" mode, which can also Update things, but can also do much more.

The new updater is online now, the installer is only required to create the "FSDT Installer" icon, and it will be used when you are reinstalling from scratch with nothing from FSDT installed. Right now, is only able to install from scratch MSFS products, which was really needed, FSX/P3D products installation will come later on but, the idea is that it will eventually replace all our installers.

normanblackburn

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2022, 11:37:36 pm »
Thanks Umberto.  The files downloaded as expected using the new updater.  Time to take a break whilst P3D starts.
Norman Blackburn

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2022, 11:37:41 pm »
Indeed, it is better now, with Pax_barrier being downloaded

airbadger

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2022, 12:23:20 am »
The new V2 installer is crashing for me. It says "PHOG updated" then quits to desktop, no error message. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2022, 12:25:09 am »
The new V2 installer is crashing for me. It says "PHOG updated" then quits to desktop, no error message.

- Configure the antivirus to be sure the whole Addon Manager folder is added to the antivirus Exclusions.

- Run the FSDT updater (or the installer) again.

- If that doesn't work, try doing it again after a Windows reboot. Be sure your Windows is fully updated as well, since it's a .NET application, it requires all system libraries to be current.

bozza72

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2022, 12:27:30 am »
So i used the new installer and yay i now have the pax folder but it couati stil crashes when i try and make pass route.

Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_GSX_Pointer_Pax_Gate_Orange_P3D4'
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 12:34:09 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2022, 12:38:53 am »
It was just a typo in the name of one of the P3D4-specific objects. It's should be fixed now, by running the Live update again.

airbadger

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2022, 01:05:22 am »

- Configure the antivirus to be sure the whole Addon Manager folder is added to the antivirus Exclusions.

- Run the FSDT updater (or the installer) again.

- If that doesn't work, try doing it again after a Windows reboot. Be sure your Windows is fully updated as well, since it's a .NET application, it requires all system libraries to be current.

Did all three and still crashes.

bozza72

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2022, 01:09:01 am »
Mine now works. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2022, 01:16:01 am »
Did all three and still crashes.

Are you SURE it "crashed" ? If PHOG was the last scenery (of the ones you have installed) which was supposed to be updated, it hasn't crashed, it simply quitted because there wasn't anything left to do.

If you want to "play" with the updater, run it in "Install mode", that is launch it from the "FSDT Installer" icon, which you will see if you installed the FSDT Universal Installer I posted before.

bozza72

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2022, 01:45:07 am »
Ok So coualti doesnt crash like it did before i got the pax folder but now it just disappears from the drop down menu

edit so if i uncheck disable bus gsx runs perfectly, if i check disable bus and make a walking path gsx disappears from the menu

« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 02:16:49 am by bozza72 »