Author Topic: Crash when requesting boarding (latest patch from this morning)  (Read 1957 times)

airbadger

Crash when requesting boarding (latest patch from this morning)
« on: February 12, 2022, 05:49:15 pm »
 ORBX KRDD/NGXu

Set up walk-in paths.

Customized vehicle locations.

Request boarding. Couatl hard crashes (vehicles disappear, GSX disappears from add-ons menu).

No crash log entry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Crash when requesting boarding (latest patch from this morning)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 05:53:48 pm »
If you checked the forum, you would have known we already several updates AFTER this morning, to fix this problem precisely. It's always best to first do an update just before posting, because chances are it might have been already fixed.

Now, about this particular issue, I'm unable to replicate ( before the update, I was ), but I'm not really sure why it's happening, the error message is strange, so the fix is done in the blind, hoping it might improve the problem for affected users.

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 06:12:21 pm »
The reason I posted this thread is that I did update about 30 minutes before posting and still had the crash. I also just ran the updater again ~10 minutes ago and same result. Either the updated files are not getting to me or this crash is still present. I thought I'd add another data point.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 06:27:52 pm »
The reason I posted this thread is that I did update about 30 minutes before posting and still had the crash.

You said you had the "update from this morning", I assumed you really had the update from this morning, so you still didn't had the ones that came after it.

I also just ran the updater again ~10 minutes ago and same result. Either the updated files are not getting to me or this crash is still present. I thought I'd add another data point.

I'm not sure why this error even happens, it's completely different than any other error, and I cannot replicate it anymore ( I could, before ), but even the fix I added doesn't make much sense so, I suspect the real cause is something else entirely, but I won't be able to say more until I could speak with the main GSX programmer, which can't happen during the weekend.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 06:40:32 pm by virtuali »

flugmatz

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 08:40:18 pm »
Exactly my experience (ref my post in other thread). Run update around 5:30 pm CET, again 8:15 pm CET. The bug is replicable. I will not touch the feature until FSDT provides a fix
Best
Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 12:41:06 am »
Exactly my experience (ref my post in other thread). Run update around 5:30 pm CET, again 8:15 pm CET. The bug is replicable. I will not touch the feature until FSDT provides a fix

I don't doubt it's not replicable FOR YOU. I said I cannot replicate it. More precisely, I cannot replicate it anymore after a fix that has been posted, and I can replicate it again if I undo the fix here for testing. Which at least means I know how to let it happen again, which will be useful in finding the cause.

But as explained in several other thread, the real reason for the problem is still under investigation, the fix was just temporary and, it seems might be affected by the system speed and overload due to other add-ons, because it SEEMS to be a timing issue, because what the fix is doing, is slowing down some commands that are related to animations in a specific place related to the staircase animation.

We won't obviously stop looking into the problem until is completely fixed but, as I've said in other threads too, it's difficult to do on a Saturday night, when the rest of the team is not available.

In this exact moment, I'm running with a debugger window opened, and I'm replying to messages at the same time, because I already saw some disturbing posts like "if we continue posting, maybe the developers will pay attention to us", which is highly offensive, considering I spent the whole day replying to message and fixing ALL reported issues so far.

THIS one seems to be way more complex so please, allow some time to work on it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 12:44:34 am by virtuali »

Jetzuri

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2022, 12:32:59 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I updated at 1100Z today. P3Dv5 loads, GSX and COUATL are in the drop-down. When I request boarding, I'm asked for the pax number. When I enter it, the ground equipment appears and then immediately disappears. GSX and COUATL also disappear from the drop-down menu. No couatl.err log is generated but I have the following Windows error:

Faulting application name: Couatl64_P3D.exe, version: 4.0.0.4612, time stamp: 0x61a4fcaf
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7e
Faulting process id: 0x3040
Faulting application start time: 0x01d820c92b7c25a2
Faulting application path: C:\FS Utilities\Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_P3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 0cde8eed-830e-4d9e-a640-3d4c47cd1778
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fault bucket 1591049809220690839, type 5
Event Name: BEX64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Couatl64_P3D.exe
P2: 4.0.0.4612
P3: 61a4fcaf
P4: ucrtbase.dll
P5: 10.0.22000.1
P6: 00e78ce9
P7: 000000000007dd7e
P8: c0000409
P9: 0000000000000007
P10:

See Couatl log attached.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 08:21:43 am by Jetzuri »
Regards,

Alan

blau99

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2022, 12:43:49 pm »
Same happening here

Airmaz1

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2022, 01:15:38 pm »
Mines faulty also, request boarding as normal and nothing happens, try to restart coutl and it just crashes.
I did start a separate thread but it appears to have been deleted.... (waves finger)

Swisspilot

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2022, 04:46:25 pm »
Same here on P3Dv4.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2022, 06:40:34 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm I can't reproduce it anymore. It happened 100% of the times before the update, now it never happens, and I tried all kind of combination of calling Stairs, and with different airplanes too.

However, the fix that has been posted already is only temporary, and it's likely not fixing every situation, because I suspect it's related to timing and system overload and, since I CAN replicate it if I remove the fix for testing, at least this can debugged and investigated.

And, as already explained in other posts, since it doesn't seem like an obvious mistake that can be fixed like all the other fixes that has already been posted minutes or hours at most after they have been first reported, I need to wait to discuss it with the other GSX programmer (who is the *main* GSX programmer), starting tomorrow.

So, no need to continue posting about it. Even if I cannot replicate it anymore after the latest fix, I KNOW what I can do to replicate it, so the issue it's confirmed, it will be worked on, and we'll obviously release a fix as soon as possible.

flugmatz

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2022, 06:46:03 pm »
Same here- still. It looks- in my case- that when I'm docked at a jetway gate everything works ok: Request jetway-ok; request deboarding-ok; the rest-ok. When I use an apron position without JW and request stairs to move (e.g. with a MJC Dash) Couatl crashes. The same for a position at- for example- LOWI where waiting area for passengers is very close to parking position.
I strongly advise against touching the "Disable passenger bus" tick box. Also the customization procedure for the passeners afterwards looks different from other customization prozedures. Usually the "Apply" button becomes grey when done the procedure. This one for the walking passengers doesn't.
These are the panic logs below:
couatl v3.2 (build 4591)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 07:02:29 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2022, 07:02:54 pm »
As I've said in my last post, no need to continue posting about it.

Even if I cannot replicate it anymore after the latest fix, I KNOW what I can do to replicate it, so the issue it's confirmed, it will be worked on, and we'll obviously release a fix as soon as possible.